The Perfect Uniform

I don't get the HS girl's softball team reference. Florida State has an all black kit that looks AWESOME. So does South Carolina, and I'm sure Oregon does too. It's the coolest and most intimidating look in college sports (for night games) IMO.

Terrible. Just terrible. The HS softball (or football for that matter) reference is apt.

I definitely liked the darker shade of yellow used it "pops" more. My perfect uni would be:

-Current helmet

-Black jersey w/ the gold stripes used last week gold #s

-Same Throwback gold pants w/ a little wider black stripe

-Current black socks and black shoes.

I would still love to see black pants, black jersy and black helmet at a night game.

Like this?
McNuttBlack.jpg

Anyone else see this online? I googled Iowa Pro Combat and found this image. Don't quite know what to make of it. Not that fond of the gold feathers on the white jersey, though.

NikePCIowa.png

Last edited:
Anyone else see this online? I googled Iowa Pro Combat and found this image. Don't quite know what to make of it. Not that fond of the gold feathers on the white jersey, though.

NikePCIowa.png

This is most likely someone giving their personal "ideal" pro combat jersey idea. I don't put anymore stock into it than that. If you look at a lot of the pro combat jerseys that aren't throwbacks, they have the "feathers" print on the shoulders.

Excellent....perfect in fact.

are you... kidding me? no, not perfect. why would you want that look? all of you talking about the "perfect jersey" look no further... because we're already there.

IF we do any change in the future, it will be for a one game throwback or a one game pro combat that will most likely be a throwback with some kind of minor tweaks.

They can feel free to burn those concept unis for the combat uniforms...I watched Jake Rudock's game on ESPN U last night and they were sportin' those exact feather designs on their uniforms...

1. They'd look cheezy as hell.

2. Why would IOWA go with something highschools are already sporting???

The perfect uniforms are the ones we currently wear. Period.

I do not understand everyone's infatuation with all black uniforms or single-color uniforms. They are ALL awful. Remember, we tried this 15 years ago and had feathers on our shoulders. Don't let Nike screw around with tradition.

Put me down in the camp of favoring the shade of "gold" from the Ball State game as an improvement over the current yellow. If Iowa could incorporate that into the current uniform (which shouldn't be too difficult), I'd be in favor of that.

I also liked the striping on the sleeves from last week.

As far as the sentiment of having an all black jersey for important games, people only need to look to Notre Dames green jersies to see the folly in that. They've worn those for "big" games in the recent past, and lost them all.

Iowa's current uniform is one of the more distinctive in college sports, and doesn't really need to be changed all that much.

Latest posts