The party is over

hawkinn3

Last year will be the last fun year for a while. Kirk will hang on for a while so the offense will be continue to be terrible.

This good but overrated defense loses a ton of seniors this year.

No divisions so we will never sniff the BIG championship again.

To top it all off little red looks like they finally hired a guy who isn’t a psycho, lazy or an alcoholic womanizer so we can expect to hear those idiots chirping all the time.

Iowa football is failing to make the transition to the new world of college football. Its offense is stuck in the past and it has much tougher challengers to compete with. Beth Goetz has to be more engaged in putting together a transition plan that addresses the areas needed to compete.

I believe Kirk has one or two big wins left in him. If they can somehow clip OSU, the ISU loss goes away for me. Likely, not happening, but you can think big.

Just play a mobile QB. Then the play book opens up.

It's not that complicated. The defense is good enough to win games but you have to move the ball in the second half when it really matters.

I believe Kirk has one or two big wins left in him. If they can somehow clip OSU, the ISU loss goes away for me. Likely, not happening, but you can think big.
I like your thinking, but beating OSU this year seems extremely unlikely.

IF they can beat Nebraska, Wisconsin, Illinois, etc, that might be a reasonable expectation. Nebraska and even Illinois look reasonably good.

If Iowa can't run the ball down ISU's throat from the 3 yardline (twice), they will need a very strange set of circumstances to be the Buckeyes.

It's not that complicated. The defense is good enough to win games but you have to move the ball in the second half when it really matters.
Maybe play a quarterback who can check out of a play when he sees 10 in the box. Maybe empower your quarterback to make that call when he sees the defensive lineup. This feels like we have been bashing our heads against the same wall for 3 years and still expecting the wall to break.

Tough for me not to compare Cade’s mobility to Deke’s. Yeah, I get it. Deke was immobile. i have to say that I saw many, many plays where Deke would have been sacked or would have fumbled, but Cade escaped. And, the O line is better by far.

In the two games we moved the ball really well in four of the quarters and were God awful in the other four quarters. Last year we were God awful in almost every single quarter. I feel like there is still a tiny amount or hope that Cade will break through and be consistent. He has looked really good for half of the time. If he can just stop looking like complete garbage the other half we can have a good season still.

Latest posts