The Opening Tip: Iowa Travels to Maryland in Matchup of Ranked Teams

We had better break out of the shooting slump from 3 pt line we had in the last game. We're going to need the outside threat to help Luka have some space.

ESPN BPI gives Iowa a 26.5% chance to win

RealtimeRPI has Iowa losing 74-61 (ouch)

Torvik has Iowa losing 74-72 (41% chance to win)

First match up Toussaint struggled with turnovers. Trying to do too much and was just off. Looking forward to watching him tonight. If he can take care of the ball and play his hard nosed defense this team benefits quite a bit. Last game against Wisconsin should have been a confidence booster. Hopefully the game is starting to slow down for him.

He seems to have a veterans approach for a young guy. Next game up. Short memory. Anything to help the team. Would love to see him have a big game tonight.

Yeah. That thought crossed my mind. As well as Wieskamp shooting with the non-Nike ball.
ah crap. forgot about the basketballs. Maryland is Under Armour right?
I'm assuming they already do this, but anytime there's a different ball coming up (like Maryland) are they shooting that one during the week?

Even we did this in college. A single team in our conference used Wilson balls and before those games that's all our pitchers threw. They were way different than Rawlings, seams were noticeably higher and rougher.

I'm assuming they already do this, but anytime there's a different ball coming up (like Maryland) are they shooting that one during the week?

Even we did this in college. A single team in our conference used Wilson balls and before those games that's all our pitchers threw. They were way different than Rawlings, seams were noticeably higher and rougher.

I hope to god they do. Would be stupid not to. But who knows...maybe they have contracts with Nike stating they must use their balls in practice as well. Money > All. Cash rules everything around me. CREAM. get the money. Dolla dolla bills yall

The UA ball did not matter for JBo in 2017! JT struggled w TOs in the first matchup but also shut down Cowan. Hope he is up to the task defensively again tonight. In this game not too far from NYC, I’d bet he is.

Yes. Joe W said he practiced with the Adidas ball a few days before the Nebraska game.

Well, that worked out okay.... :eek:

top-view-photo-handsome-young-260nw-254400220.jpg

I hope to god they do. Would be stupid not to. But who knows...maybe they have contracts with Nike stating they must use their balls in practice as well. Money > All. Cash rules everything around me. CREAM. get the money. Dolla dolla bills yall

Wu-tang clan? Really? That’s what you are going with?:)

Latest posts