The official Northwestern @ #24 Iowa game thread....Iowa gets win #21

What I mean is, when does revisionist history stop? Since Keegan is a 1st round draft prospect, should he have been given more minutes last year? Or was he behind a lot of talented players? I could hear arguments for both, but I’d argue that last year’s experience are what lead Keegan to this exact spot.
I still say Banks should have played over McCann. ('t). ;)

Bohannon is going to reach 2,000 career points. And while it did take him five seasons plus to do it, his 11.4 ppg career scoring average is nothing to sneeze at. In fact it's in line with players like Greg Brunner and James Moses. And his career free throw percentage is better than BJ Armstrong, Matt Gatens and Peter Jok.

@InGoodCo i wish you’d stop bumping these old threads just to stroke your ego. Here I open a thread thinking Fran is talking about next years team and it’s a year old. Do you really need attention? Need someone to pat you on the back?

I could see doing it on 1 where you made a really good call, but THREE??? Come on!

@InGoodCo i wish you’d stop bumping these old threads just to stroke your ego. Here I open a thread thinking Fran is talking about next years team and it’s a year old. Do you really need attention? Need someone to pat you on the back?

I could see doing it on 1 where you made a really good call, but THREE??? Come on!
It's all about my ego and need for attention - ya caught me.

I have a pretty good read on this program year in and year out but I'm often told I don't.

If we can't go back and revisit who was right and wrong with their off season drivel, what's the point in even talking?

It's all about my ego and need for attention - ya caught me.

I have a pretty good read on this program year in and year out but I'm often told I don't.

If we can't go back and revisit who was right and wrong with their off season drivel, what's the point in even talking?
For what purpose exactly?

For what purpose exactly?
To feed my huge ego obviously. Like, why does it matter to you? Why can't I do it? What is wrong with me pointing out obvious takes in hindsight? Isn't this all just for discussion?

I don't know, but I am in your cross hairs these days and I don't want you to be shy so let me have it.

To feed my huge ego obviously. Like, why does it matter to you? Why can't I do it? What is wrong with me pointing out obvious takes in hindsight? Isn't this all just for discussion?

I don't know, but I am in your cross hairs these days and I don't want you to be shy so let me have it.
Like I said I can see 1, but THREE??? You going to bump threads where you were wrong too?

Nice job, I’ll pat you on the back.

Like I said I can see 1, but THREE??? You going to bump threads where you were wrong too?

Nice job, I’ll pat you on the back.
I think there might have been 4 actually. Not looking for a pat on the back but I do enjoy commenting on this message board in regards to Iowa Basketball. It's awful bare here and not a lot to talk about. Besides the game thread, there are only a few morsels of topic to talk about. Not looking for a pat on the back for that either, but the thought that someone would take issue with me commenting on old posts seems fairly odd.

I love old thread bumps. Although, if I have no interest in them, I don't read them. It takes more than that to piss me off, but I'm weird like that.

I love old thread bumps. Although, if I have no interest in them, I don't read them. It takes more than that to piss me off, but I'm weird like that.

Not pissed off, just annoyed as I clicked on one not knowing it was an old thread. I have no problems digging up an old thread to prove you were right on something, I've done it before as I'm not correct all that often (for proof ask my wife).

Not pissed off, just annoyed as I clicked on one not knowing it was an old thread. I have no problems digging up an old thread to prove you were right on something, I've done it before as I'm not correct all that often (for proof ask my wife).
I get pissy and I’m totally petty about Iowa basketball. I’m sorry. The season gets me wound up. It’s not so that I was right, I’m an admitted dumbass. I go way hard in the paint at some posters and that’s prolly not fair. I feel most of em have some of it coming for the comments they make: I try to get to their level and most times they back off. So I look crazy. I kind of am.

But he and so many others can’t get behind this program, when imo, it’s been pretty solid. I’ve had to listen to people nonstop, especially In every off season, tell me that I shouldn’t be happy with this program, but for the most part, I am and have been a fan since day 1. Am I satisfied? No, but not dissatisfied enough to cut on Fran. IMO- I think Fran’s been fairly judged by this fan base, but also a lot of the fans seem entitled to something Iowa has never had. Sure scraps of it, but its never been near the top of the mountain. Fran’s proven he can win here, the right way, through growth and player development and he’s got so much to sell. He needs a charged up fan base more than ever. He’s only going to get that by advancing past the first weekend. I think he can do it and as long as he’s continually giving himself a shot every year, I’m gonna be fairly happy.
When he proves me right, it’s not me feeding my ego, it’s me being fucking happy for Fran and the team. They’re the ones who proved you wrong, not me…. I’m just happy when he continues to produce good basketball teams

Last edited: