The official Kentucky Fried, Nashville Blues, Brian no Chicken *hit play-calling Bowl Game Thread

If you've watched Iowa football long enough, you know QB's tend to look worse each year they're in the program. Stats may be a bit better, but they mostly don't pass the eye test with each additional year in the program.
Fair enough... But we did see pigs fly today in the form of a TE/QB

Last edited:
Excited for this one. Maybe the game itself is pretty meh, but savor it because it's our last time to see:

Our Butkus award winning, Big Ten Defensive POY wining, unanimous All-American
Our All-American, Big Ten DB of the year
Our Big Ten TE of the year
Our 1st team All-American punter (hopefully not the last time)

I'll throw in watching DeJean for the last time for 9 months because I love watching him.
As it turned out it was our first time to see, in extensive action because of the Kaveon opt out:

Our next great secondary player/potential CASH!

Fair enough... But we did see pigs fly today in the form of a TE/QB

Well I will have to say that, that was a first for me after following Iowa football for 55 years. Somehow I can’t even fathom Jim z calling the over the radio on WHO radio……. Just can’t. “Here comes the Iowa tight end to take the snap at QB.” The closest thing I. can think of is when the Bears handed off the ball to refrigerator Perry for a Super Bowl touchdown. Sweetness was my childhood idle and I likely won’t easily forgive their head coach for not letting Walter have the ball to get him a Super Bowl touch down, especially after all that he did for the program. Mike Dickhead has said it was a mistake and he wish he had it to do over.

Overall Iowa fans did not travel well to this game. Not far enough south for warmer weather and watching an inept offense for 12 regular season games is not a good combo.
That's too bad, though they caught a huge break with weather when you consider it was single digits there a week ago. Nashville is a great city, and only about eight car hours from some parts of Iowa.

Latest posts