The official Iowa slaughters Penn St so bad if Joe Pa coached basketball he would feel it from his grave game thread.

I have to say that Penn State is better than their record indicates, they’ve had some very close losses to some really good teams including Michigan. Thank goodness they went cold shooting in the 2nd half. They might be a tough out in the BTT.
We really need Purdue to lose 1 more game...for peace of mind. I think PSU matches up very favorably. I’ll be watching Friday.

We really need Purdue to lose 1 more game...for peace of mind. I think PSU matches up very favorably. I’ll be watching Friday.
Yeah we REALLY need Purdue to lose one more and the game at Penn State is the most likely. It would be nice if Iowa could stay out of that 5 seed.

Yeah we REALLY need Purdue to lose one more and the game at Penn State is the most likely. It would be nice if Iowa could stay out of that 5 seed.
Just asking, is there much difference between the four and the five?

They would play each other first thing on Friday, then get fed to the top seed on Saturday assuming everything goes as chalk.
EDIT: The four gets the double bye, the five plays on Thursday. The early Friday 4 vs 5 hasn't happened since Nebraska gave the league 12 teams.

I have to get my postseason back in shape. Miss it one year and its amazing what a person can forget .

Last edited:

They would play each other first thing on Friday, then get fed to the top seed on Saturday assuming everything goes as chalk.
EDIT: The four gets the double bye, the five plays on Thursday. The early Friday 4 vs 5 hasn't happened since Nebraska gave the league 12 teams.

I have to get my postseason back in shape. Miss it one year and its amazing what a person can forget .
I do it all the time. That double bye is what’s important about being the 4.

Hahah I have a hard time believing you've ever forgotten anything :)

Hahah I have a hard time believing you've ever forgotten anything :)
We had a tradition for several years at the place I worked in the late 90's and early 00's where we would turn the TV on in the conference room, order in pizza, and watch the 4-5 game during the noon hour.

We also had several fantasy football drafts in that conference room. I always wanted to have a mic set up at the podium for announcing picks just as they do in the real draft, but we had several people who didn't live in the area and had to keep up online.

Latest posts