The Official Iowa @ Illinois Game Thread: Beat them Illini!

Another tough loss we could have won. However you cut it though we are 0-6 against seeds 1 thru 4. Seriously have a hard time seeing that changing. Reality is we havent really beaten a good team all year although we are fun to watch thats for sure.
That's a fair point. But I'd rather be in our shoes right now than Indiana's

I'm also glad Purdue is on the other side of the bracket. That's the one team we can't seem to handle

Last edited:
fair. given Fran's track record in this tournament and the way Nebraska is playing...you worry about first things first.
Would love to see a potential Michigan upset over Illinois, and they have the length to match up well with them.

Would have really loved to see a Michigan/Wisconsin rematch, but Bucky didn't take care of business and now they can meet only in the championship game.

Don’t recall an Iowa game lately where I’ve seen so many players consistently trying to drive to the basket the entire game. Seems like we didn’t give the perimeter game much of a chance. Bohannon and Sandfort didn’t see much time.
They might have been trying to draw fouls and there were a bunch that were not called.

But as I said in an earlier thread you better be right at the rim when you shoot it to get the buckets and the fouls.

They might have been trying to draw fouls and there were a bunch that were not called.

But as I said in an earlier thread you better be right at the rim when you shoot it to get the buckets and the fouls.
How many lay ups did we miss last night? Has to be at least half a dozen. Kris missed 3 or 4 himself.

I was looking at the box score this morning and I just realized only 3 guys shot free throws.

Ke. Murray 6-8
Kris Murray 1-7
T. Perkins 3-7

Keegan played 39 minutes

He might have been a bit fatigued when he missed those last free throws

Has to be energy-draining guarding a human beast like cockburn

How many lay ups did we miss last night? Has to be at least half a dozen. Kris missed 3 or 4 himself.

Not sure if you read my new thread from a week or so ago about how Perkins was really finishing at the rim which is very unlike most guards and even forwards on Fran's teams.

As I said in that thread, all these players should be able to leap and get the ball over the rim and drop it in or dunk if they have the mindset they are going to go up very strong.

Now to do this, when you watch players finish strong like this, they often take one more dribble and stride to launch more vertically (rather than leave their feet 6 feet farther away from the rim), or they or very good with the two foot jump stop and exploding up through the defenders arms to the hoop,

Latest posts