The Official Iowa @ Illinois Game Thread: Beat them Illini!

Carbon copy of the game from two years ago. Couldn't hit the big last second shot then and couldn't today. Oh, well. Iowa has been money over the last month. I guess they were due for a stinker finish. The fact that Iowa even had a last-second chance to win at Illinois despite bad games from their stars shows Iowa is very capable of making it to the second weekend in the tourney.

the flipside of that argument. these are the type of games you will get in the tournament. you can't go 10-22 from the free throw line. you can say that it is an anomaly, but that anomaly could end your season.

I'm not sure what bothers me more, losing this game the way we did or getting beat out by Rutgers for the double-bye. How was that tiebreaker decided?

I figured Iowa would lose this game, I didn’t think they had a chance against Cockburn, but I was wrong they had a chance and they choked. Makes me sick

Irony. We get beat by free throw failures. Sad. We are the best team in the BT right now. Maybe we have a shot by winning the BT tournament. Missed a late 3 we would usually make. Look at our stats in the BT and nationally and we deserve a really good NCAA seed. Maybe a warm up game in the BT tournament rather than the double bye will be ok. We are very, very deep…

We gave the game to them

Illini Fans are acting like they have won the National Championship

They beat the Hawkeyes in a game that was handed to them by extremely pitiful
free-throw shooting
They won the Big Ten, that's why they rushed the court. They had to beat Iowa after Wisconsin lost to nebraska

I figured Iowa would lose this game, I didn’t think they had a chance against Cockburn, but I was wrong they had a chance and they choked. Makes me sick
Speaking of sick I'm wondering if it's running through our team.

Northwestern and Michigan have been affected and we played them this past week.

Pmac was sick for sure, Bohannon played limited minutes, and we looked tired late with the missed free throws and all.

We haven't kicked away a winnable game since Penn State. For a team known for Franuary not a bad run.

Don’t recall an Iowa game lately where I’ve seen so many players consistently trying to drive to the basket the entire game. Seems like we didn’t give the perimeter game much of a chance. Bohannon and Sandfort didn’t see much time.

Well if that game doesn't put some extra fire in their bellies then nothing will! Going to be a long drive back to Iowa City thinking about all those missed free throws!

Another tough loss we could have won. However you cut it though we are 0-6 against seeds 1 thru 4. Seriously have a hard time seeing that changing. Reality is we havent really beaten a good team all year although we are fun to watch thats for sure.