The next Iowa FB coach?

• Thread starter Ian Pike Hammer
  • Start date
I

Ian Pike Hammer

Sooner or later, the KF era at Iowa will come to a close [no comment], and we will need a new head coach. My question to you is this: what if Urban Meyer were available? Would you like to see him as our new coach?

Sooner or later, the KF era at Iowa will come to a close [no comment], and we will need a new head coach. My question to you is this: what if Urban Meyer were available? Would you like to see him as our new coach?
His wife said she doesn't want him to coach again.

Not Urban, love to poach Campbell, but we all know it's Brian's for the taking. He has made progress coaching, but we need a recruiter, especially if Doyle rides off in the sunset with Kirk.

Maybe we could get Jim Harbaugh as recruiting coordinator and pay him the big bucks and Brian as head coach at a lesser salary.

I was thinking about this today. What would be the best way for Kirk to retire and make sure his hand picked successor takes over?

He may need to take a page from Bob Stoops retirement guide and retire in June. I am guessing June 2020. By then it would be too late to search for an external candidate, so they will have to promote from within.

Which probably means Iowa would make Brian the interim coach, after Brian gets off to a 6-0 start, then they will make him the permanent coach and Iowa will finish at 7-5.

Not Urban, love to poach Campbell, but we all know it's Brian's for the taking. He has made progress coaching, but we need a recruiter, especially if Doyle rides off in the sunset with Kirk.
Morgan and Parker riding off into the sunset with KF. Or shortly there after. Doyle isn't that old. He's 50.

I suspect after the three straight passes leading to the three and out leaving a minute on the clock for that meathead Moorhead which prompted Kirk to telly Molly "that was stupid football" on the way to the locker room Kirk was ready to bypass Jr and hand the reins over to Steven until Mary set him straight and all is well again in the House of Ferentz.

Mary is Bar to Kirk's Poppy. :)

Maybe we could get Jim Harbaugh as recruiting coordinator and pay him the big bucks and Brian as head coach at a lesser salary.
Yes...I do believe that would leave enough in the budget for a generous sleeping bag allowance. I'm sure Jim would appreciate a fancy new one at every sleepover.

Absolutely not. Don't care how much he wins, he's a scumbag and I'm glad he's gone. Also, it would be pretty hypocritical for a fan base who reviles a basketball coach who harbored a rapist to turn around and hire a coach who harbored a wife-beater (and more if you take the rumors of his Florida tenure into account).

Also, we're kidding ourselves if we think the next head coach, barring a disaster, isn't Brian Ferentz. Kirk has too much goodwill with the athletic department and most of the fanbase and Barta is too inept to do anything else.

Absolutely not. Don't care how much he wins, he's a scumbag and I'm glad he's gone. Also, it would be pretty hypocritical for a fan base who reviles a basketball coach who harbored a rapist to turn around and hire a coach who harbored a wife-beater (and more if you take the rumors of his Florida tenure into account).

Also, we're kidding ourselves if we think the next head coach, barring a disaster, isn't Brian Ferentz. Kirk has too much goodwill with the athletic department and most of the fanbase and Mr. Rastetter and Barta is too inept to do anything else.

FIFY

His wife said she doesn't want him to coach again.
What do you tell the wife of an Ohio State coach with two black eyes?

Nothing. She's already been told twice. Urban will coach again. If Nick retires and we can't get Dabo to come to Bama, Urban will get a call along with Jimbo. There are only a few guys who check the national champion box that will be a pre-req to being Nick's successor.

Latest posts