The msu game was really the end of the season

Bigtenchamp

This is the truth..
Mentally. I went to the game and like always wanted th to win. But I can't say I really ever felt any fire for this game and I saw my own mental state on the field today. I'm not saying in their own minds they weren't trying.

I just didn't want a blowout that hates could use as I told you so material..
And we gave it to them.

There just was no edge ..
Msu was it

It certainly looked that way on TV.

Stanford was a conference champ and acted like they wanted to prove it.
KF said Iowa's practices were good. Where was the emotion? I think they still had CG hangover.
Never had a good feeling about this game.

Yep. I think by the time it was 21-0 the sense of loss from that rotten title game came flooding back. Plus the game plan for McCaffroids was horrid. You gotta make them beat you with someone else.

There was no plan for McCaffrey. No, seriously. The coaches did not go into the game with a plan to contain him.

Guess what?

It showed.

After the first play from scrimmage, I thought: we've seen starts like this to a lot of games -- the trailing team comes back and smashes in the mouth right away and wins comfortably by 10 or so -- or it turns into a rout.

Option B today.

After the first play from scrimmage, I thought: we've seen starts like this to a lot of games -- the trailing team comes back and smashes in the mouth right away and wins comfortably by 10 or so -- or it turns into a rout.

Option B today.
I thought the same exact thing. I was hoping for a reverse to the USC Orange Bowl. Didn't happen.

This is the truth..
Mentally. I went to the game and like always wanted th to win. But I can't say I really ever felt any fire for this game and I saw my own mental state on the field today. I'm not saying in their own minds they weren't trying.

I just didn't want a blowout that hates could use as I told you so material..
And we gave it to them.

There just was no edge ..
Msu was it

I've read so much tonight like ( I just didn't want a blowout so the haters could use against us ) a lot of disappointed Hawk Fans including me but just how do think the Hawks feel. I'm sure they are just as devastated even more so than us fans! They here all about they are walkons 2* not deserving. I just can't keep listeneing to this. The Hawks didn't win but the sky isn't falling. This season is to move the program forward to get better recruiting classes. These kids won the west division and are to be commended for it. Not to be slammed by their fans. The fans didn't expect this team to do what they did. Then when they hit rough waters the fans fall apart. Sorry I'm finished.

The conference championship game was a brutal slugfest. Neither team backed down at all. It was one of the hardest hitting games I've seen two college teams play. Both teams came away beat up with injuries to many key guys. Neither team was able to recover. Iowa's list of walking wounded was long. Canzeri, Lomax. Meier, Beathard, the two tackles, and Niemann were all clearly not up to speed. This Stanford team was loaded with veteran 5-star players at nearly every position and they had played in the Rose Bowl game several years in a row. Easy to see now why many experts thought Stanford belonged in the playoffs. A beat up Iowa squad was not deep enough to match up with Stanford.

Agree with the OP 100%

Like I've posted a few times, the Rose Bowl is a nice soft landing/consolation prize in the B1G after *losing* the champ game and *losing* the chance to be in the playoffs.

The fact is, you don't represent in the Rose Bowl as the conference champs anymore. You get the red ribbon and then put on a smiley face telling everyone the bowls matter, glad to be here, etc.

It was obvious Iowa gave it 100% in Indy. It's also obvious they didn't in Pasadena. Proof of lack of hunger was on the field.

Well, I certainly want that game erased from my memory as soon as possible. I actually don't think I will acknowledge it ever took place. 12-1 with a last second loss to Sparty in the championship game. Not a bad year. Nothing else happened.

Latest posts