The Lick Hater crybabies can stuff it

I cannot enjoy wins against very sub par talent. Beat a good team Iowa. This team has not made any improvements. They mirror their coach. They have pretty much cashed in this season. And just wait. Next year will not be any better. Bank on it.

Where are the Lick haters now? This team played its guts out tonight and blew out Indiana in front of 16,000 on its home floor. We murdered them on the boards and outworked them from the opening tip. Did you listen to Tom Crean after the game? Fuller, May, Cougill and Payne were incredible. 3 of them are freshmen!!!

Iowa basketball is developing a different personality with these young players. If you are an Iowa fan, show up Wednesday against Ohio State. We will play them tough!
This sounds familiar for some reason...

I would love to have a guard on this team like Eric May in his senior year once he recovered from repeated injuries. There is no Eric May on this team.

I get what your saying however. After his third year I started to question some of Fran’s coaching and took a little heat from a few on here. Just last year I was questioning even more and there were several who were challenging my opinions. Now some (but not all) of those same people are finally starting to see things in a different light.

Fran will be here at least until after next season so I want to wish him well and the players. That’s all I ever wanted as a die hard hawk fan. I want the team to be successful. I want Fran and Kirk both to be successful so I can enjoy watching and following my team. I never enjoyed criticizing the coaches and I try my best not to be individually point out faults of the players. I may critic the defense in basketball and the offense in football. For the most part I only call players out to praise them and point out great effort on their part. Several times I have started (game ball to) threads to show support and appreciation.

I’ve pretty much have expressed my unhappiness with both head coaches because it appears they have peaked. Yes 2015 was a lot of fun and I was hoping for a final four show against Alabama. We have some close friends that are HUGE Bama fans and I wanted to hook up with them for a super bowl like get together. I was disappointed with the MSU loss but to say I wasn’t shocked would be an understatement. The ball bounced right in many games (see Wisconsin fumble at the three yard line) and all the breaks went our way. Many games we barely survived. I felt very fortunate that we got through the regular season unbeaten. I didn’t really cares if we were lucky it didn’t matter as my team was finally getting national recognition and marching toward a final four showdown against Bama. I really loved it but at the same time in the back of my mind I knew that some of the claims of Iowa very favorable schedule had merit. If we would had showed up for the Stanford games we could have proven otherwise, but we didn’t.

The most difficult issues I have is with Kirk’s God awful offense and Fran’s God awful defense. I have just reached my limitations with supporting such terrible coaching with both programs on their awful performances on offense and defense respectfully.

I love to have egg on my face if it means once again enjoying both programs once again.

This thread is why I don't over-react to one game. Even if we beat Michigan tomorrow night, a .02437% chance of happening, I wouldn't come on here and say we've turned the corner. Didn't do that after the near win against MSU. You've got to see it over a stretch of games, instead of one game.

We were a decent program when we went to three straight NCAA tournaments. We're terrible this year. Next year, who knows?

It's ironic to me that this thread was started in a season where Lick lost 22 games. If this isn't Exhibit A for "don't overreact to one game" then I don't know what is. Yes, that goes for a bad loss, too.

As Garvey just said, it's longer stretches of a season, or more, that count. A bad team can have a good game, and a good team can have a bad game.

This thread is why we all should have our heads examined for wasting time talking about Iowa basketball..... or football for that matter.

Outside of Cook, we have no one else who is a difference maker on their own. Role players..yes...dif makers no. The names could be interchanged. Will Cook even be here next year.

The positive is that next year, the best teams will likely play each other more than this year (all 4 decent teams) which means some teams are going to win more by not playing the best teams so much. The only real loss outside of the 4 includes 1 Michigan loss.

Iowa is bound to play more good teams next year as well though.

How young we are in the end really isn't going to matter. Young lack of talent isn't much worse than older lack of talent. At least Little Lick provided some entertainment. Maybe Little Fran will as well.

2 years ago today Iowa was ranked 4th in the country and received 11 first place votes by the AP.

No matter how much times change, people overreact to everything.

2 years ago today Iowa was ranked 4th in the country and received 11 first place votes by the AP.

No matter how much times change, people overreact to everything.

Too bad that season didn't end on February 1st.. I wonder where that team ended up ranked by season's end, though? Unranked, as memory serves. Basically the same thing happened two years before that, too. Just another reason why I feel Fran has had more than a single disappointing season. But I stand by not overreacting to a single game.

Too bad that season didn't end on February 1st.. I wonder where that team ended up ranked by season's end, though? Unranked, as memory serves. Basically the same thing happened two years before that, too. Just another reason why I feel Fran has had more than a single disappointing season. But I stand by not overreacting to a single game.

Oh they quickly tanked shortly after.