The ISU game is Iowa's super bowl according to...

That Klein link was sweet.

It's like, you can't go to ISU to become a good engineer, the reason you go is to shout: "That's another ISU first down!".........

“It’s like you go to Iowa State for a reason,â€￾ Klein said.

LOL. So ISU fans and athletes believe that you have to go to a school to be a fan of said school and now they believe you have to be a fan of the school that you attend. And the only reason people go to a school is so they can be a fan of said school. What are they teaching at ISU? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

This is only true after you have graduated from the school. Alumni rule. While you are matriculating you can still be a jack ***.

If it's not your Super Bowl, why is Iowa the only BCS team against which you have a decent record over the past decade and a half?
This is false. Again, based on how good the teams were at the end of the season, the only win that would be considered a huge upset is '02. ISU is just about .500 against Iowa since Ferentz took over in '99. Since that time ISU is just about .500 (within a game) against Baylor, Kansas, Oklahoma State, and Texas Tech. Nebraska, OU, Texas, and A&M are functionally programs on a different level than ISU and I don't think we should be expected to hang with them on a regular basis. KSU just seems to have ISU's number and has been to multiple BCS games during that timeframe. Missouri might have had the best decade in the history of their program. Colorado also seemed to have our number and kept us out of the title game two straight years which is obviously a huge bummer for us as fans.
I laughed when I read A&M on your list of schools who are on a different level from ISU. Do you think A&M is above Iowa?

I laughed when I read A&M on your list of schools who are on a different level from ISU. Do you think A&M is above Iowa?

Would you disagree that they are on a different level?

I think A&M is above Iowa, but hasn't necessarily shown it in the last 10 years. They have tons of talent but underperform. Honestly I think A&M is kind of like the Big 12's Penn State until they left. Great program, unlimited cash, rabid fanbase, great recruiting territory, not really enough wins to support the perception of the program.

Last edited:
B-ryce, you're equivocating something fierce in here. I expected a stronger retort from you.
#disappointed

I think A&M is above Iowa, but hasn't necessarily shown it in the last 10 years. They have tons of talent but underperform. Honestly I think A&M is kind of like the Big 12's Penn State until they left. Great program, unlimited cash, rabid fanbase, great recruiting territory, not really enough wins to support the perception of the program.

Jesus. Talk about trying to have it both ways. ISU fans are so bitter about aTm high-tailing it out of the Big XII.

Jesus. Talk about trying to have it both ways. ISU fans are so bitter about aTm high-tailing it out of the Big XII.

I could care less although I would have liked to have seen a game in College Station some day.

I don't even really understand your comment. Have it both ways how? I would characterize Penn State (well, before last fall) as being a better program than Iowa, although I think Iowa has had more success in the last decade. What's wrong with that?

When ISU has beaten Iowa in the Ferentz era, Iowa has either had a terrible team like when Ferentz started, it has been at home against an okay or worse Iowa team ('01, '05, '07, '11) or what I would consider to be the one "lucky" win ('02).

Basically, there isn't a single win that really looks out of place other than the '02 game. If you care to disagree please let me know why.

So.. when ISU won, it was only when they were the better team, except in 2002. OK, good insight there. Thanks.

All that matters is results, why does anything else matter to the program's level?

On the Klein note.

If I went to a school because of the football team I wanted to cheer for I would've gone to Iowa. I would've loved to go to Iowa, but my career is much more important than the football team I cheer for. I went to ISU for an education, not the football team. If Iowa had agriculture a lot of ISU students wouldn't be at ISU.

Klein sounds like an idiot. When your major is underwater basket weaving, you can go to a school for the program, and obviously if you play sports you are going to support your team, duh. But what if he chose a program for school and didn't get to play football, then is football team really that important?

Last edited:
So.. when ISU won, it was only when they were the better team, except in 2002. OK, good insight there. Thanks.

Considering that there is a commonly held assumption that when ISU wins, it's because of some superhuman effort on their part, and that they aren't actually a comparable team on the field, apparently it is a great insight to many Iowa fans.

All that matters is results, why does anything else matter to the program's level?

Because underachieving can be predictive to future results. OU in the 90s was much different than OU under Stoops, and OU under Switzer. Thus, while I think Penn State and A&M may not have had as much success in the current timeframe, I think there is still a difference in the overall level of the programs. I could be wrong and it's simply an opinion.

WHO-TV. Just heard it this morning on their commercial for the RVTV tour. They said "this is Iowa's super bowl" so that is directly from the media. So that argument can now be over.

WHy do you have 1200+ posts on this website?

^^EPIC FAIL :rolleyes:

Latest posts