The ISU game is Iowa's super bowl according to...

ISUer

WHO-TV. Just heard it this morning on their commercial for the RVTV tour. They said "this is Iowa's super bowl" so that is directly from the media. So that argument can now be over.

Even with you relaying it here, I can clearly tell that they are referring to the state and not to the school.

Bahahaha yeah, we beat a team last week that actually won their bowl game but this is supposed to be our super bowl:D

Pretty sure they mean the biggest football game in this state. Which yes unless you think UNI @ Iowa is bigger, then I agree.

HOKSRDABESTEST knows what's up. He's not like the other clown fans whom are mostly delusional meth addicts.

Is it the state or the school, its how you interpret it. Wouldnt they have said the state of Iowa's super bowl?

Other than Iowa, against which annual opponent(-s) does ISU have a winning record over the past 15 seasons??

This is the perfect opportunity to disprove the "it's isu's Super Bowl" assertion. If isu is such an up & coming program, and concentrates on Big(12-2) play and NOT on the Iowa game, the clones should have a winning record against several Big(12-2) opponents. Right?
Let's have the numbers, isewer. Tick-tock.

Other than Iowa, against which annual opponent(-s) does ISU have a winning record over the past 15 seasons??

This is the perfect opportunity to disprove the "it's isu's Super Bowl" assertion. If isu is such an up & coming program, and concentrates on Big(12-2) play and NOT on the Iowa game, the clones should have a winning record against several Big(12-2) opponents. Right?
Let's have the numbers, isewer. Tick-tock.

When ISU has beaten Iowa in the Ferentz era, Iowa has either had a terrible team like when Ferentz started, it has been at home against an okay or worse Iowa team ('01, '05, '07, '11) or what I would consider to be the one "lucky" win ('02).

Basically, there isn't a single win that really looks out of place other than the '02 game. If you care to disagree please let me know why.

When ISU has beaten Iowa in the Ferentz era, Iowa has either had a terrible team like when Ferentz started, it has been at home against an okay or worse Iowa team ('01, '05, '07, '11) or what I would consider to be the one "lucky" win ('02).

Basically, there isn't a single win that really looks out of place other than the '02 game. If you care to disagree please let me know why.

If it's not your Super Bowl, why is Iowa the only BCS team against which you have a decent record over the past decade and a half?

Here's a little morsel that might further prove the significance of this game for not only ISU fans, but players alike. Klein kind of butthurt here.

Football: Klein takes on Hawkeyes in Ames, not just Iowa City | Ames Tribune

I have to say, that is pretty funny right there.

Students decked out in Iowa gear are a common sight, and it eats away at the ISU football team.

So when the Cyclones face the Hawkeyes on Saturday (2:30 p.m., Big Ten Network), they’re not only trying to win a game, they’re trying to eradicate the Hawkeye shirts that populate the university.

If it's not your Super Bowl, why is Iowa the only BCS team against which you have a decent record over the past decade and a half?

This is false.

Again, based on how good the teams were at the end of the season, the only win that would be considered a huge upset is '02.

ISU is just about .500 against Iowa since Ferentz took over in '99. Since that time ISU is just about .500 (within a game) against Baylor, Kansas, Oklahoma State, and Texas Tech.

Nebraska, OU, Texas, and A&M are functionally programs on a different level than ISU and I don't think we should be expected to hang with them on a regular basis. KSU just seems to have ISU's number and has been to multiple BCS games during that timeframe. Missouri might have had the best decade in the history of their program. Colorado also seemed to have our number and kept us out of the title game two straight years which is obviously a huge bummer for us as fans.

“It’s like you go to Iowa State for a reason,â€￾ Klein said.

LOL. So ISU fans and athletes believe that you have to go to a school to be a fan of said school and now they believe you have to be a fan of the school that you attend. And the only reason people go to a school is so they can be a fan of said school. What are they teaching at ISU? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Latest posts