The irony

HawkiJon

If you believe like I do that Michigan State is going to get beat at Penn State, how ironic could it be that if we win next week we will go to a worse bowl than if we lose.

My logic is that if MSU gets beat the Big Ten will not get two BCS invites unless we lose to OSU. If so, losing might land us in the Outback while winning could lower us to what, The Gator? Could beating OSU propel us above MSU? I doubt it. Guess we need to hope MSU can beat PSU on the road.

Am I looking at this wrong?

Nope, think you are correct. Actually could be playing for at best the Gator Bowl or Insight Bowl (Iowa State's bowl game last season) even.

Nope, think you are correct. Actually could be playing for at best the Gator Bowl or Insight Bowl (Iowa State's bowl game last season) even.

I think beating Ohio State could land us in the Outback if MSU makes it to the Rose Bowl with Wisconsin getting a BCS invite and OSU to the Cap One. If MSU loses to PSU we fall a long way, possibly getting passed by PSU.

Because of the Big Ten's consistency in getting 2 teams to the BCS, and the risk of not sending that 2nd team, we've been in this position several times over the last 10 years or so.

Honestly, I think Michigan might still get Wisconsin and Penn State might still get MSU. The irony wil be that, in typical "******* Iowa" fashion, they just had to take care of their business and failed.

or if Michigan does clip Wisky, MSU drops the game at PSU, and we win against tOSU. Then it is a 4 way tie for Big Ten Champ. Only one BCS team- and we still drop to the Gator or worse as the co-big ten champ, crazy

Don't you think a 10-2 Ohio State still gets a BCS at large? We were all saying a 10-2 Iowa would yesterday?

Yes. It'll come down to them and MSU for the at-large, and they (OSU) will get picked. MSU will go to the Cap1, and the Outback will have to pick between Iowa and Penn State.

If Iowa is 9-3 and MSU is 10-2 there is a good chance Iowa would get picked in front of the Spartans for a bowl. But it's hard to say for sure at this point.

If Iowa is 9-3 and MSU is 10-2 there is a good chance Iowa would get picked in front of the Spartans for a bowl. But it's hard to say for sure at this point.

That's the only way. The more likely scenario is that Iowa finishes 8-4 and goes to the Outback or whichever game picks after the Outback.

Basically, any hope of going to the Cap1 (at best) depends on beating OSU next Saturday.

Latest posts