The I'm just worried about beating Wisconsin thread

We played good defense against Wisconsin last time but they missed some wide open looks. We have to hope they have an off night. You can't run against Wisconsin unless you get long rebounds or turnovers. Usually you are not getting the turnovers.

Earlier this week, I felt we had a much better chance of beating Wisconsin than we would IU. Of course, I doubt we beat Wisconsin, but I really wouldn't be surprised if we did.

Franicide has the boys playing D now. They couldn't hit 3s when they were wide open, now that we're playing D it won't be an issue. Very keen strategy on Fran's part. Give them the open looks the first time so that you can secure the win at home. Genius!! Coach of the year stuff.

The key to beating Wisconsin is to not get down to them early. Being down 8-10 points to them is like being down nearly 20 to just about anyone else. They milk the clock on offense and on defense they rarely give you more than one shot as they are typically very good on the defensive glass. When they get up, teams try to force their offense and that plays right into their hands.

So we need a huge and rowdy crowd to give the team some early momentum to come out of the gates swinging and get the lead early.

If we can do that, then all we need to do is be sure to cover their 3 pt shooters and rebound the misses. Do that and we've got a great chance to pull out the W.

To say the Hawks are inconsistent is an understatement. I hope the great energy they played with on defense against IU has them motivated to do it again. I'm sure they are motivated, I just hope they can pull it off. The team we saw Sunday is the team we need to see every game. That game had to give them a huge confidence boost and show them what they can accomplish. If Iowa can limit the open 3's and can protect the interior the way they did against IU, Iowa could have a decent chance to pull out a W.

I have no idea what to expect. I hope Iowa plays very well, and that the crowd gets on "Weasel Bo."

We just needs us a lot of me slime Melsizzle and Wild Bull Pumfus.

Defense is the Key to this game just like almost every other game. If we can shut them down. Our offense will be on!!

How can we possibly guess on how we will do? Iowa looks like a different team every time they take the court. Anyone who has expectations for this team, at this point, really hasn't been paying attention this year.
Hopefully we look more like the IU game and less like the Northwestern game...which was just 13 days ago. And hopefully we are able to push tempo with BC out of the lineup.

Im expecting a loss in this one, a blow out actually where the Hawks have no clue on D and Wisconsin score their highest total of the season.

Why not, the hawks just played their best defensive game of the season, so I expect their typical 180.

Then when everyone is back off the bandwagon, they will beat Illinios on the road and get everyone's hopes back up only to lose a stinker to Nebraska. They will finish with an unexpected blowout of NW.

Thats just as reasonable as any other prediction when it comes to this team.

Iowa needs repeat performances from Marble, Gatens, Basabe and White in this game as the first one. If that happens all good things.

If Iowa brings the same intensity they did the first game, Iowa will win again...same intensity on the defensive end from the IU game is also a key. I don't think Iowa's D was great in the first game, but Marble did take Taylor out of the game...with that Wisconsin's offense doesn't flow correctly.

i just hope every players have their oil changes and check to see if spark plugs are firing and all the cylinders are running and smart game management. we can pull out of this alive!
i think they will hustle like before

I am so happy that a fan on a message board isn't looking beyond the next game. It is crucial that people who have nothing to do with the program focus on whats important, the next game.

Not only is it important for fans to not concern themselves with the next game,but they should consciously ignore the next opponent to focus strictly on their national title game opponent in the NCAA tourny....happy?

Latest posts