The "honeymoon" is over with Coach Fran...

so here we are.......recruits falling by the wayside ..our best player transfers, STUPID marketing campaign ("let's get mad again")........our new "bride" Fran is losing his luster quickly now isn't he Hawkeye fans....

None of this is on Fran. Really, until next spring, it's going to be tough to hold him to any of this.

I agree, FM has been here 3 weeks already and hasn't recruited any of his own recruits.

Let's fire the guy!!!! Honeymoon over...Next man in!!!! If the guy can't get it done in 3 weeks he never will!!!!!!!!!!

Well this certainly does not say much about his ability to recruit and that was a HUGE issue with this hire. He cannot keep the top scorer (transferring to ASU???) and the 2 top recruits from leaving. Unreal.

Your so right..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I mean really why does this say about his recruiting ability..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I'm glad we have so many dynamic salesman on here. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Unreal is right..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

My goodness some people on this site should be banned for just plain stupidity.. :) I actually can't beleive I read some of this garbage..:eek:

Fran could beat our entire pre-season schedule with what he has left!

I don't care about these recruits leaving, personally none of them stood out as game changers. All they were going to be is bodies on the bench. We still have Gatens, May, Cougill, Payne, and Cole. Thats a decent starting 5, now we just need to find some role players to assist them!

Well this certainly does not say much about his ability to recruit and that was a HUGE issue with this hire. He cannot keep the top scorer (transferring to ASU???) and the 2 top recruits from leaving. Unreal.

Is it possible that Fran knows what's going on?? And that he might be able to pull in better caliber players than our two highest recruits or our leading scorer (in B10 games)?? I will give this guy a pass until he actually proves he can or cannot get it done. Deep breaths everyone.

so here we are.......recruits falling by the wayside ..our best player transfers, STUPID marketing campaign ("let's get mad again")........our new "bride" Fran is losing his luster quickly now isn't he Hawkeye fans....

You're absolutely right. It has been 3 weeks now and all this guy has done is fill one assistant position and hang out at the NCAA tournament. I bet he's spent his time doing personal stuff like moving his family and buying a house. Lazy f@cker. We need to fire his a$$ and get a coach in here that can turn this program around (and get us to the NCAA tournament) within 3 weeks. Sure, there isn't another tournament for almost a year, but screw that - we need to be in NOW.

I guess it is a good thing that he hasn't signed a contract yet. Probably too lazy/stupid to even do that.

Alright - so who is our next coach?

None of this is on Fran. Really, until next spring, it's going to be tough to hold him to any of this.

Oh, come on Jon. What kind of lame excuse is this? Are you trying to rain on our Hawkeye Pride with realism or something? We should have won a championship by now - it's been 3 whole weeks already...

Fran could beat our entire pre-season schedule with what he has left!

I don't care about these recruits leaving, personally none of them stood out as game changers. All they were going to be is bodies on the bench. We still have Gatens, May, Cougill, Payne, and Cole. Thats a decent starting 5, now we just need to find some role players to assist them!

That, my friend..... is INSANE. It's hard to see our beloved bball program in such a state, and I like these players. They are doing the best that they can, but c'mon.

You've got to give a quality coach a good four years to establish their signature at a B10 school. There are very few classes like Thad Matta brought in to Ohio St 4 years ago. Memphis may have one this year. Maybe. It's a building process at Iowa, and has been since Davis was shown the door. Iowa needs to commit to the concept of more... like they have for football, wrestling, and unbelievably, rowing.

All that said, every kid in that starting five has upside, but is overmatched in the B10 consistantly, as they were all last year, and the B10 is going to be better next year. Everywhere. More to the point, Iowa played a very quality pre-season last season. I haven't seen the line-up for next season (I don't think it's out), but I'm sure they will not be running away. We will more than likely have an ACC foe, UNI, Drake, and at least one random, decent mid-major. Let's hope Fran can reel back at least one recruit, get one defection from Sienna or elsewhere, and is too much to pray for one more non committed or a juco?

Oh, obligatory question time.... Were you just being a naughty, sarcastic poster?

Latest posts