The Hero's Game?!?! huh?

It's an admirable idea, but I really don't like it. I'm far too cynical. I mean, we are going to honor complete and total strangers before each game? I'm sorry if that doesn't resonate with me.

You guys will complain about anything. I like it.. it's nice to show some recognition of good deeds done around here.

I like it and will be anxious to see how it develops. I think it is a great concept for a trophy. On the other hand the name of the game makes the trophy seem a little to nicey nice. I also would have liked to see a little better trophy. This one is pretty plain. A nice trophy might have been--two players, one on his back, the other standing with one foot on the guy. Each year the winner of the game gets their helmet on the guy standing and the loser gets their helmet on the guy on the ground. Think that would create tensions.

Floyd has a great history...Iowa politicians trying to arrest the Minnesota Governor and all that. Hard feelings back up that trophy. The hard feelings get a rivalry off to a good start.

The best line of the press release. "... the Hawkeyes and Cornhuskers won't use their annual meeting to determine exclusive ownership of football bragging rights for the Corn Belt."

That feeling and statement takes away a lot from the upcoming "corn trophy" that will be the Iowa/clown game. Playing for a corn trophy won't even allow the clowns to claim they own the cornbelt, if and when they win. THAT will be settled by Neb/Iowa game. So the clown game moves even further into obscurity.

Last edited:
so its not about nebraska trying to claim kinnick and there isnt corn involved. shows how much we know, and you guys are still complaining. its a good gesture and will not take away from how great this rivalry can potentially be. is it ideal, no. seems forced and i wish they would have let it play out but this is college football now

I like it and will be anxious to see how it develops. I think it is a great concept for a trophy. On the other hand the name of the game makes the trophy seem a little to nicey nice. I also would have liked to see a little better trophy. This one is pretty plain.

You've seen the trophy? You're the only one then, because there is no trophy. It hasn't been created yet. The article on Hawkeyesports.com indicated there would be no trophy, but according to the reporters in Chicago, there will be a trophy and iowa will bring it to Lincoln this year. That makes me feel much better about this.

You've seen the trophy? You're the only one then, because there is no trophy. It hasn't been created yet. The article on Hawkeyesports.com indicated there would be no trophy, but according to the reporters in Chicago, there will be a trophy and iowa will bring it to Lincoln this year. That makes me feel much better about this.

obviously he has not seen the trophy, im sure he is assuming that the trophy will reflect the concept of the heroes game and is describing that

obviously he has not seen the trophy, im sure he is assuming that the trophy will reflect the concept of the heroes game and is describing that

No, he said he saw the trophy. Obviously he was mistaking the logo for the trophy. I was just giving him a hard time.

This is a good concept for the day after T'Giving. Also fitting for both states.

Sometimes the testosterone on this site seems to shut down peoples' brains.

This game is going to be the single-best annual opportunity to showcase what is good about two Fly-over states.

It is basically an opportunity for an annual marketing campaign.

Is it Floyd? Heck no. But do you really want a trophy to compete with Floyd?

Latest posts