The Hawkeye defense could be exceptional in at least one area

I find a lot this funny. Not because I disagree with much of what has been said here, but because 90% of this board consisted of "chicken littles". Now people are saying we could be solid? I to think we could be a solid team with 8-9 wins with a few lucky bounces, but I'm just sayin lol

I pray that our defense can be the glue to hold things together this year, because I think the offense is going to be just as bad as last year if not worse. (the passing game anyway)

No, but we are going to have a QB who has never taken a snap in college before. If we were bad last year with a QB who had double digit starts under his belt and who appears to be getting a look from NFL teams, how good are we going to be a QB who has never seen the field before?

That QB finished something like 15th in the B1G in TD passes. Again, they will have to try to be worse.

Our linebackers missed a lot of tackles. Especially Morris. A significant amount of them at or behind the LOS, giving the opponents first downs in a lot of cases. That needs to change in 2013.... an improved D line will help this unit out, obviously. But it won't help make the tackles. Lets hope that an extra year of experience goes a long way.

Last edited:
an improved D-line will help them a bunch. Solid play from the back 4, the defense could surprise some people.
LB play will be solid but give me a choice between a really good D line and great LBers and Ill take a really good d line. They can impact the game more and really help the free up the linebackers to make plays. The only way to help a bad d line is to blitz and thats just not our scheme.

D'line should be bigger this year. But we need some speed. They have to keep the O'line off of the LB'rs.

"For 3 years people have been touting this LB crew as the next Greenway and Hodge, and it ain't happening.". That about sums it up. Competent but not world beaters.

I find a lot this funny. Not because I disagree with much of what has been said here, but because 90% of this board consisted of "chicken littles". Now people are saying we could be solid? I to think we could be a solid team with 8-9 wins with a few lucky bounces, but I'm just sayin lol

I also find it funny that a board with hundreds if not thousands of posters don't all have the exact same opinion on how the football team will be this year.

Latest posts