The Good, the Bad, the Ugly vs Western Michigan

eyekwah

Good: Obviously winning is always the good. The offense scored almost more points than in the first two games combined. However, it may have been a result of the level of competition. In the limited time Deacon Hill was at QB he seemed a lot more comfortable and had good numbers, 2 of 3 passing.

Bad: Two interceptions of McNamara. Iowa cannot afford to turn the ball over, which is a redundancy that can be repeated for every team.

Ugly: The play where Kaleb Brown was handed the ball on a sweep to the left into the short side of the field. The injury to Luke Lachey being the worse news.

Good: Obviously winning is always the good. The offense scored almost more points than in the first two games combined. However, it may have been a result of the level of competition. In the limited time Deacon Hill was at QB he seemed a lot more comfortable and had good numbers, 2 of 3 passing.

Bad: Two interceptions of McNamara. Iowa cannot afford to turn the ball over, which is a redundancy that can be repeated for every team.

Ugly: The play where Kaleb Brown was handed the ball on a sweep to the left into the short side of the field. The injury to Luke Lachey being the worse news.
The "level of competition" thing came to my mind as well. Prior to yesterday WMU was #42 in rush defense (higher than either ISU or USU), so I think the growth we saw in the running game was real. The big thing I noticed was all the backs ran North and South...no dancing. Course, having a hold always helps.

Cade looked very Petras-like at times. Needs to get rid of the ball quicker...both when a guy is open and when it's time to throw it away.

Losing Lachey will hurt, fortunately we're deep at TE.

Think we are seeing the effects of Cade being limited in preseason on reps. His timing isn't there causing hesitation and doubt. Give the line some love....great holes for rb's

Latest posts