The Forgotten Linebacker

HawkeyeHypnosis

The Forgotten Linebacker - Iowa Official Athletic Site

From article:

Hitchens is now penciled in as a starter at the weak-side linebacker position that was occupied by Tyler Nielsen during the second half of the 2011 season.

"I am looking forward to being a starter, but I am not focusing on that right now," said Hitchens, a 6-foot-1, 224-pound Ohio native. "I am preparing myself like a starter. I am still learning, everybody should always be learning."

Hitchens was productive early in his sophomore season. He had 13 tackles in the first two games -- victories over Tennessee Tech and Pittsburgh -- before missing five games because of injury; he had six stops the final five games.

In an effort to make a seamless transition to the weak-side position, Hitchens is utilizing Morris and Kirksey's knowledge.

"James has a lot of game experience," said Hitchens. "He has been playing since his freshman year. Christian has great footwork, so I am trying to take the game experience from James and the footwork from Christian to help me to be the best player that I can be."

The Forgotten Linebacker - Iowa Official Athletic Site

From article:

Hitchens is now penciled in as a starter at the weak-side linebacker position that was occupied by Tyler Nielsen during the second half of the 2011 season.

"I am looking forward to being a starter, but I am not focusing on that right now," said Hitchens, a 6-foot-1, 224-pound Ohio native. "I am preparing myself like a starter. I am still learning, everybody should always be learning."

Hitchens was productive early in his sophomore season. He had 13 tackles in the first two games -- victories over Tennessee Tech and Pittsburgh -- before missing five games because of injury; he had six stops the final five games.

In an effort to make a seamless transition to the weak-side position, Hitchens is utilizing Morris and Kirksey's knowledge.

"James has a lot of game experience," said Hitchens. "He has been playing since his freshman year. Christian has great footwork, so I am trying to take the game experience from James and the footwork from Christian to help me to be the best player that I can be."

We seem to have some determined young me, bent on improving.

Keep the fingers crossed that undersized doesnt= injury.

Of blown off the line of scrimmage, or unable to beat blockers, which had been the case with this group for two years running. Speed works better when you shoot gaps instead of read and react.

Nitpicking mistake in article as Tyler Nielsen did not play the weak side LB position. Tyler was OLB who moved to MLB and Morris moved over to weakside position.

Regardless, I look forward to a productive year from all 3 LBs - Morris, Hitchens and Kirksey.

Latest posts