The floor at Carver

DrKnipe

I wish they'd go back to the gold paint on the floor. Agree, or current black is better?

I like the black better, and agree on the seats but that will never happen. I absolutely hate the Mediacom advertisement on the court.

I wish they'd go back to the gold paint on the floor. Agree, or current black is better?
I agree, if you are in your late 30's or older and followed the Hawkeyes, it represents a great run in Iowa Basketball History. The black floor looks like all other black floors; the gold floor was one of a kind with the parquet and Iowa Hawkeyes wrapped around the corners. Lets go retro Fran and bring back the old floor! Help bump this thread until it gets done or Jon shuts it down!

Last edited:
I agree, if you are in your late 30's or older and followed the Hawkeyes, it represents a great run in Iowa Basketball History. The black floor looks like all other black floors; the gold floor was one of a kind with the parquet and Iowa Hawkeyes wrapped around the corners. Lets go retro Fran and bring back the old floor! Help bump this thread until it gets done or Jon shuts it down!

What if neither happens?

Love the gold floor. It really popped and made the arena appear bright. Maybe keep the black but accentuate it with some more gold.

Mediacom needs to be removed from the floor. I've said it before, name the court after Chris Street.

Yeah, I really don't know why it hasn't been. Maybe when the Mediacom contract runs out they can do the right thing and name it after him. Hell, you could raffle to the 10 highest bidders to sponsor "Chris Street Court" and they get to have their names written on the court the entire season. Do something but have a corporate name on the floor.

I don't know if this has been posted yet but I love these court!
The%20Nike%20Regal%20Basketball%20Court.jpg
The%20Nike%20Regal%20Basketball%20Court-2.jpg
The%20Nike%20Regal%20Basketball%20Court-5.jpg