The first person to say...

burky247

that it feels good to be mad about a loss again is getting punched in the face.

This was a terrible loss and there is no excuse for it. It's time for this team to grow some balls and start playing to win...rather than ******* down their leg with the game on the line.

It is mid February. Freshman are no longer freshman at this juncture. The crowds have returned to Carver. And the system has been implemented. There is no room for moral victories within this program.

Well it isn't going to get any better the last 3 games that's for sure! @ IL, @ MSU and home vs #11 Purdue. That's 3 ugly losses to end season. But on a positive note, finishing 10-20 is better than 10-22 (like last season)! At least this season we've been close in most games.

internettoughguys.jpg

I didn't get a chance to watch most of the game but I did see the final 9 minutes of the 2nd half and OT.

When the game was tied and not much time left in the 2nd half, why in the world is Gatens launching a 3 with barely any time run off the clock? Especially since we shot 2 for 17 from three land....wtf?!? We have the ball. The game is tied. The momentum is on our side. We're at home. Run some F'in time off the clock and keep doing what got us there....give it to Cartwright and let him create or give it to Basabe or Cole....

Gatens is quickly becoming the Glenn Worley of the 21st century.

Well it isn't going to get any better the last 3 games that's for sure! @ IL, @ MSU and home vs #11 Purdue. That's 3 ugly losses to end season. But on a positive note, finishing 10-20 is better than 10-22 (like last season)! At least this season we've been close in most games.

True. I wasn't expecting Iowa to run the table the last five games or anything. But this was a game that they gave away with stupid decision making and an inability to hit open shots. This wasn't a game that we tried our best but just didn't have the horses to compete. It was a game that we choked away with the same stupid mistakes I have seen over the last four years.

Don't get me wrong. I have complete faith in Caff. I've been a season ticket holder for the last six years so I know things are moving in the right direction. But I'm done with moral victories.

I didn't get a chance to watch most of the game but I did see the final 9 minutes of the 2nd half and OT.

When the game was tied and not much time left in the 2nd half, why in the world is Gatens launching a 3 with barely any time run off the clock? Especially since we shot 2 for 17 from three land....wtf?!? We have the ball. The game is tied. The momentum is on our side. We're at home. Run some F'in time off the clock and keep doing what got us there....give it to Cartwright and let him create or give it to Basabe or Cole....

When did you think Glen Worley played?

I've taken the losses this year pretty much in stride, knowing there was going to be a lot of them.

But today's loss really upset me.

I felt bad for the team. The crowd was great....AGAIN. We were practically willing these kids to victory. They deserved it.

I said exactly the same thing. Why in hell didn't they milk the clock down and go to Basabe? Gatens is shooting such a poor % from three anyway but why would you shoot so quickly? Also, what was the thought process to have McCabe shoot the brick when they needed the three. Even as bad as May has played, I would have had him shoot it or even bring Stoermer off the bench. This was a crazy game and we should have one it going away.

I said exactly the same thing. Why in hell didn't they milk the clock down and go to Basabe? Gatens is shooting such a poor % from three anyway but why would you shoot so quickly? Also, what was the thought process to have McCabe shoot the brick when they needed the three. Even as bad as May has played, I would have had him shoot it or even bring Stoermer off the bench. This was a crazy game and we should have one it going away.

IIRC, Stoermer was on the floor for the final play. My guess would be that he was supposed to get the final shot, and McCabe just kind of panicked.

that it feels good to be mad about a loss again is getting punched in the face.

This was a terrible loss and there is no excuse for it. It's time for this team to grow some balls and start playing to win...rather than ******* down their leg with the game on the line.

It is mid February. Freshman are no longer freshman at this juncture. The crowds have returned to Carver. And the system has been implemented. There is no room for moral victories within this program.

Feeling good about the loss and feeling good about the direction of the team are two different things.

I get a kick out of people who actually think posting whiny diatribes after a loss somehow has an effect on future outcomes. This team has improved throughout the year and is hanging with other teams that are more talented (ie: everyone else). The losses suck but if Fran can continue to upgrade the talent IOWA basketball will RETURN.

I get a kick out of people who actually think posting whiny diatribes after a loss somehow has an effect on future outcomes. This team has improved throughout the year and is hanging with other teams that are more talented (ie: everyone else). The losses suck but if Fran can continue to upgrade the talent IOWA basketball will RETURN.

I was calling out the players. Not the staff. And nobody is whining. What I'm saying is that it's time for this team to stop making the stupid mistakes it's been making. I agree that we are improving...but I am expecting much more from some of our players than we are seeing right now. They are definitely capable of more.

I was calling out the players. Not the staff. And nobody is whining. What I'm saying is that it's time for this team to stop making the stupid mistakes it's been making. I agree that we are improving...but I am expecting much more from some of our players than we are seeing right now. They are definitely capable of more.

Never mind that "calling out the players" actually sounds a whole lot worse, there isn't any way that anyone reading your first post would be able to figure that out.

If you're calling out the players for being happy with close losses, can you point one instance this season where any player has said something like that?

Latest posts