The Fans' Answer

Trying to tell people how to spend their own money or not spend their own money is jackhattery. This is 'Murika, people.

I think right now we are getting dangerously close to becoming a Purdue, Illinois, Indiana or a bottom feeder like that. One fear I have is that if/when the fans grow apathetic and stop showing up, it's hard to dig out of that hole (see the basketball program). Purdue used to be a very competitive program, now they are a joke. If you can't show recruits a good time and an active crowd on Saturdays, it's hard to get them to come. All you can sell is playing time, but we all know Kurt won't play his play makers anyway ;-)

We have became "that" team. We struggle against teams we should beat down. Teams know our play book better than our own team. No one respect us any more. Freakin' Indiana runs an on side kicks against us twice in one game.

Here's my answer. At about 12:05 ET I get a nice Golden Deliciouis apple from the fridge. I'll polish it and remove the sticker. I'll take a bite over in the kitchen while looking over at the TV in the family room. I'll make my way over to the couch and have a seat. Pick up the remote and adjust the volume or see how well Eddie and Dolph are coming in on the stream. I'll reline my chair.

I'll feel a small surge of adrenaline - I really want to watch this game.

Then I'll watch Iowa receive the opening kick off and go 3 and out.

I'll finish my apple.

At the half I'll go upstairs to the computer and check in with the forum.

I'll watch the second half

After the game I'll listen to the post game radio and usually doze off listening to Ferentz.

I'll check the forum

Stop and realize that I need to get a life because the Iowa Hawkeyes are just not making me happy. In fact they're making me kinda sad and angry.

I'll check the forum again for the 'instant reaction'.

The only thing I got out of this was that you need a laptop.

The only thing I got out of this was that you need a laptop.
yeah somebody needs to help him out with a smart phone, ipad, laptop, or something. That going upstairs stuff sounds like a lot of work. If I'm home for the game, I'm following Twitter, HN, and flipping between 3 other games during commercials and halftime. Lately I've been out somewhere watching somewhere, which is a good thing. Helps take the sting off of the loss when I don't have to sit there alone and think about how bad the game sucked.

Yeah....

Let's get rid of a coach who has won 2 conference titles, finished in the top 10 4 times, has a winning record in mostly upper-tier bowl games, graduates players, and sends many to the NFL.

Yes, it's been a rough few years, but guys like you were spouting the same garbage from '05-07 before the team rebounded, had a few solid years and won an Orange Bowl.

For all but a handful of elite programs, success is cyclical. Coaches flush in and out every few years. There is very little stability and no guarantee for success.

Guys with your attitude forced out Tom Davis, and the result was over 10 years of mediocre basketball.

So enjoy your "car fire". Meanwhile, I'll be taking my son to his first Hawkeye game this weekend, and I can promise you that I'll enjoy the hell out of the experience, win or lose.

Dude, 2009 was fun. No doubt. But it was a fluke. This team has been mediocre for nearly 10 years. Let's see how you apologists feel at the end of the season.

Been busy. This was and interesting thread to check back on after some time away. Baffled but the original poster's response. I guess he/she doesn't like that someone likes what he/she use to like.

Here's to scratching out some wins so that the last two games in Kinnick are meaningful. And, frankly if we get to Wisky and Nebby with a shot at the title I don't care if we win 2-0, 7-6, 14-10 type of games leading up to the last 2 weeks.