The Ed Hightower hatred on this site.

I think anytime you know an officials name, it means he did something to draw attention to himself and 99% of the time, this ain't good!

I think anytime you know an officials name, it means he did something to draw attention to himself and 99% of the time, this ain't good!

I don't think that's true anymore. Officials' names are announced to the public all the time now, so the name is already out there. Then all it takes is one minor mistake, and it snowballs from there. People love to say that you should never know a good official's name, but Jim Joyce is a classic example of a damn good ref/umpire who will forever be known in history as the guy who blew a perfect game. He's widely considered one of the best in the game, but that one call made an incredible mark on his reputation. And he felt terrible about it because he knew he screwed up.

You don't usually remember the good ones unless they make a mistake, but even the best ones will screw up sometimes.

Jim Burr, he's much worse of an official than Ed.

I'll never forget the time he administered a throw in while the other two officials were at the table reviewing a previous play.

Might have been last year, but I know it was an Iowa game.

Plus he was one of the officials suspended a few years back after a big east tourney game.

But yes he does look a lot like Norm.

When Jim Burr and Teddy Valentine call one of our games I fully expect us to lose that game. It never fails they're together when we play one of the conference elites. I know they will swallow their whistles in the second half when an elite is playing push and slap defense to get back in the game instead of calling it the same way they did in the first half. Hoping this season we get elite treatment for once and everything stays even but I highly doubt it.

anybody defending hightower needs to lay off the booze. I was at one game impaticullar 2 years ago against northwestern were i watched hightower single handily pick apart the hawks and put northwestern on his back to take the victory. he was their best player that day!

Latest posts