The early official game thread for Sunday's Main Event: Iowa vs Purdue for the Big Ten Tournament Championship

Iowa was 20overall so the last 5. Damn. Houston okay, maybe Uconn 50/50 flip a coin, but I don't think St. Mary's deserved a higher five than us. Probably just gave it to them just cause they could go in that slot against Indiana/Wyoming. Not complaining would rather be where we are than deal with UCLA and Baylor.

Last edited:
200.gif

tumblr_mw1c2n78wz1t1054no2_400.gif

Forgot to cap this off. Iowa defeats those Giants from Purdue. Your Big Ten Tournament Champions: The Iowa Hawkeyes!

Best win win of the year. Just knocked off what a 3 seed basically?
On the road pretty much. Indiana and Purdue both had home court advantage fan wise. Also we played 4 games in 4 days compared to Purdues 3... So yeah this was big time impressive.

Take into account that this was not a thing of beauty. We shot bad for us and got out rebounded by a million BUT STILL FOUND A WAY TO WIN. Defense man who know we had that in us. JT TP Murray and even Rebracca battled his ass off. Josh O with some huge plays at both ends. CM made the shot of the game. His and 1 coming against Williams after Purdue had cut it to 1 and had all the momentum was everything.

We had like 13 steals and forced a ton of TOs (without turning it over much ourselves. I think we lead the league in steals as a team under rated stat. For this team to beat that team and win this tourny like that just takes Fran to a whole new level to me. He was pushing buttons that hadn't been pushed all yr and those guys battled and performed. How could I forget Sandfort. Dude was perfect and it goes without saying Murray did what he did.

Soak this in boys I came into this game thinking JBos shot the night before was gonna be our highlight of it all. I didn't see that happening but holy crap. Bring that trophy home where it belongs

On the road pretty much. Indiana and Purdue both had home court advantage fan wise. Also we played 4 games in 4 days compared to Purdues 3... So yeah this was big time impressive.

Take into account that this was not a thing of beauty. We shot bad for us and got out rebounded by a million BUT STILL FOUND A WAY TO WIN. Defense man who know we had that in us. JT TP Murray and even Rebracca battled his ass off. Josh O with some huge plays at both ends. CM made the shot of the game. His and 1 coming against Williams after Purdue had cut it to 1 and had all the momentum was everything.

We had like 13 steals and forced a ton of TOs (without turning it over much ourselves. I think we lead the league in steals as a team under rated stat. For this team to beat that team and win this tourny like that just takes Fran to a whole new level to me. He was pushing buttons that hadn't been pushed all yr and those guys battled and performed. How could I forget Sandfort. Dude was perfect and it goes without saying Murray did what he did.

Soak this in boys I came into this game thinking JBos shot the night before was gonna be our highlight of it all. I didn't see that happening but holy crap. Bring that trophy home where it belongs
Good stuff!