The DJK FB Spring Practice Chronicles

BlckNGldHwk

Please...for the love of the Hawks...keep this on topic.

DJK is one of my favorite Hawks in a long time, and his Facebook insights to Spring practice have been great, especially the videos and the back and forth with some other players...

Login | Facebook - Video of DJK beating Prater on an inside quick slant - followed by these comments

Adam Robinson
ha got his ***!

Patrick A Rock
thats why we bracket on the goaline and it cuts off that inside route you son of a *****

Derrell Johnson-Koulianos
lolololol patty i hate that hookie ********

Cody Hills Prate's a scrubb hahaha

Derrell Johnson-Koulianos cody your crazy.... i bet people are sayin hes the best corner in the big ten after this year

Shaun Prater haha.. this mans a character he puts up his only route that he caught on me all spring

Derrell Johnson-Koulianos 28 man u know we even this spring .... Haha if u were a scrub I'd never post a cold as slant hahh

Jc Salter goin to DJK instead of McNutt on that route in a big game this year huh? lol

Derrell Johnson-Koulianos haha nah mcnutt the red zone man

I would agree with DJK's anaylsis on Prater. He is no scrub; he's is definately atleast one of the best CB's in the Big Ten. That comment by Prater was funny.

I would agree with DJK's anaylsis on Prater. He is no scrub; he's is definately atleast one of the best CB's in the Big Ten. That comment by Prater was funny.

I disagree with you, Prater is a good corner. "One of the best" in the Big Ten Nope, no way im sorry.

I disagree with you, Prater is a good corner. "One of the best" in the Big Ten Nope, no way im sorry.

Care to say who is? I don't follow all the big ten teams very closely, besides Iowa of course, so I don't really have an opinion but to say he's not and not to say who is better you're just leaving us hanging man... not cool.

Name at least 4 who are better (top 5 would qualify as one of the best in the Big Ten). I've got Chekwa, maybe Chris L. Rucker from MSU, and Valai are the only ones I can find. Now LAST year, he'd never have made the cut, with Spievey, Ray Fisher, Valai, Chekwa, Rucker, Donovan Warren, and McMannis. But this year? The field is nowhere near as deep.

IMHO i would consider Chris L. Rucker from MSU, Chimdi Chekwa and Devon Torrence both from Ohio State, I guess I consider one of the best top 3. Valai from Wisconsin is great but I think he might be a SS not sure. To be really bold, at the end of the year I dont think Prater will be the best on our team (Hyde/Bernstine). Just my opinion. Prater is definately top 10 as like you said the preseason big ten cornerbacks will be considered pretty thin.

IMHO i would consider Chris L. Rucker from MSU, Chimdi Chekwa and Devon Torrence both from Ohio State, I guess I consider one of the best top 3. Valai from Wisconsin is great but I think he might be a SS not sure. To be really bold, at the end of the year I dont think Prater will be the best on our team (Hyde/Bernstine). Just my opinion. Prater is definately top 10 as like you said the preseason big ten cornerbacks will be considered pretty thin.

I'll give you Torrence as well. But that still puts him in the top 5 as it is right now, and Valai may be a SS (listed as a CB on ESPN, but the rosters there aren't always correct, especially when it comes to DB's). I'm very excited about Hyde/Bernstine, and I think that they could be the next great ones for us. But both have yet to really prove anything on the field, so Prater is still #1 for us.

Valai is a safety and not even a very good one. He whiffs on lots of tackles but he always gets mentioned because when he does make a tackle, he is bringing it. Think Bob Sanders with no depth perception and less speed.

I would only consider Rucker as a better CB. Those OSU guys are overrated. Prater is very underrated. Those guys are at best as good as Prater.

That waltercamp 2011 ranking thing was pretty cool. Stanford has some great WR's on their team. But Julio Jones #2? Idk about that! I thnk Jones is #1.

Latest posts