The Day After

longtimer

After watching the debacle yesterday and having a night to analyze (just kidding) the following pop to the top

We are a boring team to watch. Noone really talks about it much but at least when you lose 38-31 there is some excitement. I sat through the Purdue game last week and after the first play of the game there was basically nothing. I know pitchers duels are great or at least some people think so but every week?

Brian Ferentz would not be the OC next year on any other Power 5 team other than Iowa!

Who is our Offensive Line coach? First year I think? Last year I hope

We have 4 games left and 3 are against poor teams. Minnesota has gotten a lot better even with injuries (coaching) Anything less than 3-1 is a failure (coaching)

If we can go over and beat Nebraska is Frost back for another year? Just thought id throw that in

We still beat Clones and they are not going to win the National Championship

1- frost is done. He won't be back. Albert's has to hear the nebby fan base.
2- 2 turnovers equal 10 pts. Those and that stupid 3/4 down calls of fb blast killed us.
3- o line needs fixed yesterday. The complaints on Petras are because you can't run an offense from your back.
4- time of possession was +11 them. Small wonder our d was smoked for 27.
Fix the O line and let the offense loose. Where is the Maryland game plan? What about osu 2017? 3 yds and a cloud of dust is easy to stop when you know it is coming.

2- 2 turnovers equal 10 pts. Those and that stupid 3/4 down calls of fb blast killed us.
3- o line needs fixed yesterday. The complaints on Petras are because you can't run an offense from your back.
Fix the O line and let the offense loose. Where is the Maryland game plan? What about osu 2017? 3 yds and a cloud of dust is easy to stop when you know it is coming.

Not only was the time of possession so bad but the hawks lost three fumbles inside their 20 yard line, 2 of them inside the 10. We were lucky it wasnt 42-7 only because the defense got at least a half-dozen 3 and outs and many more short drives and punts from Wisky.

We all know the hawks could have won that game with just a little bit above avg offense. Even and offense that can get first downs and a few scores.

I liked your takes, but two things to add:

1) Maryland's defense is awful. We got a bunch of takeaways in that game and things snowballed quickly.

2) That 2017 OSU game was a lot of fun, but OSU did not come to play that day. They were coming off an emotional, hard fought win against PSU the previous week. The body language and general energy level on the OSU side was atrocious. We came out fired up and made them pay.

Tombstone Dual Wielding - GIF on Imgur

I liked your takes, but two things to add:

1) Maryland's defense is awful. We got a bunch of takeaways in that game and things snowballed quickly.

2) That 2017 OSU game was a lot of fun, but OSU did not come to play that day. They were coming off an emotional, hard fought win against PSU the previous week. The body language and general energy level on the OSU side was atrocious. We came out fired up and made them pay.

Kinda like our body language and general energy against Purdue after the Penn State game

Latest posts