The Dash continues his reign of Big Ten jealousy..

He has a different opinion, not a big deal.

If I got paid to give opinions, people would expect my opinions to be based not out of pulling crap out of my arse, but on the fact that I actually watched the teams in question.

And Forde himself admitted he had barely watched Iowa play this year. His opinions are not educated and are therefore useless.

If I got paid to give opinions, people would expect my opinions to be based not out of pulling crap out of my arse, but on the fact that I actually watched the teams in question.

And Forde himself admitted he had barely watched Iowa play this year. His opinions are not educated and are therefore useless.

If thats the case then more power to him. He's getting paid a handsomely by the biggest new outlet in sports yet he knows nothing of what he's writing about. What a pimp.

Last edited:

And thats the difference, it would appear that someone actually cares enough to about what Forde has to say to pay for his thoughts. You on the otherhand appear to have a vast knowledge of football and no one seems to care. Thats life I guess.

That being said...a playoff would be a disaster for college football. How much interest would you have had in Alabama/Florida this year if the game simply determined seeding for a playoff...probably about as much as you have every year in basketball when Duke/UNC play each other...what does the game really mean to the average sports fan?

I'm a college football NUT, so I would have a lot of interest. And outside the state of Iowa UNC/Duke regular season pulls a lot of fans in.

The way the 16 - team playoff system stacks up (every league champ plus highest rated independent plus wildcards) would have had me watching every league championship to hope that the favorite won and got in (If Nebraska wins it would have been great for UC but bad for Iowa) + watching all the <2 loss teams to root for them to lose. I think seeding would be settled by the BCS system.

Two points:

Iowa fans can't complain about no respect from the national media when the team loses to Northwestern every year. To be elite you have to win those games against inferior opponents.

I do take issue with one thing Forde argues. He says that Iowa wouldn't have belonged in the Nat'l Title picture even if they went undefeated. I disagree with that. I think going on the road and beating OSU would have been a statement game similar to what Alabama showed against Florida. Texas was taken to the wire by the two toughest teams they played, OU and Nebraska. Alabama played some close games but that was all forgotten when they blew out Florida. Anyway, had Iowa gone 12-0, I believe they should have been on equal ground with Texas, TCU, and Cincinnati.

Everyone has the right to be wrong, especially if they're getting paid for it and as fans it's fine if some of us feel the need to defend the honor of our favorite team and flood the emails of the so called "offenders"...they actually love it! It means we're paying attention to them. That being said, the best way to respond to their perceived negativity towards the Hawks, is to let the Hawks do the talking for us by kicking a$$ and taking names. If "we" want to shut "them" up, it will have to happen on January 5th...and hopefully ALL of next season as well.

I'm a college football NUT, so I would have a lot of interest. And outside the state of Iowa UNC/Duke regular season pulls a lot of fans in.

The way the 16 - team playoff system stacks up (every league champ plus highest rated independent plus wildcards) would have had me watching every league championship to hope that the favorite won and got in (If Nebraska wins it would have been great for UC but bad for Iowa) + watching all the <2 loss teams to root for them to lose. I think seeding would be settled by the BCS system.

I heard Cowherd talking about ratings the other day and he said something like Duke/UNC got a 2 rating last year and Florida Alabama got a 12. Good college football games regularly compete with World Series games...good college basketball games regularly compete with KCRG's nightly news broadcast...granted KCRG blows away KGAN and all other CR news outlets.

Well he actually did slam Iowa State a bit in that article and said the game was boring. You won't hear me complain about it. To non ISU/Minn fans it is.

Other fans probably do do it, but from the sounds of a lot of national writers Hawk fans fill up their inbox more than anyone else. Remember that article written pre season this year? Jon Miller linked it a day or two ago

Either that, or you just hear about it a lot more because of websites like this and because it actually matters to you. You'll go out of your way to find news about the Hawks - you're here, after all - but I would be willing to bet you're not nearly as interested in what Alabama or Florida fans have to say.

Also what does Forde have to be jealous of the Big 10 about? Nothing

Why are you on this board? I hate everything I've seen you post. You are the most negative loser on this site. Please go away. You are just here to bother your big brother, aren't you?

Scram.

Why are you on this board? I hate everything I've seen you post. You are the most negative loser on this site. Please go away. You are just here to bother your big brother, aren't you?

Scram.

I think you need to go back and look at my posts. I haven't ripped on the Hawks once. You see my screename and get defensive without even reading what I write

Iowa fans bring a lot of this on themselves by flooding these guys email with hate and koolaid filled messages. It leaves them with only one thing to do and that is rip on the Hawks

And you know how??.........You have no clue if or how many people email him...get out of the Iowa message board and go back to Cyclown country..seriously

I think you need to go back and look at my posts. I haven't ripped on the Hawks once. You see my screename and get defensive without even reading what I write

Then why the heck would you make your name cyclones anything and not expect to get ripped on an Iowa board..give me a break

And you know how??.........You have no clue if or how many people email him...get out of the Iowa message board and go back to Cyclown country..seriously

Learn how to read buddy. I told you earlier how I know. Jon Miller even linked the article in which the guy said that his inbox is filled with Hawk fans. Go check it out for myself. I am not making **** up to **** you off

Also what does Forde have to be jealous of the Big 10 about? Nothing
i live down in louisville where this losers is from hes a louisville homer and is a arrogant jerk and hes not a mid west guy. hes always down playing the big ten, and also what r u doing on this site u jus come over to spew ur hawkeye hate jus cause ur team is and always will be irrelevant. have fun in the insight.com bowl loser.

Wrong. If he had a high opinion on Iowa, regardless of how many games he watched, Iowa fans would love him. That is a fact.

Seriously, if you really don't like his articles/opinions that much, why do you bother reading them? As much as you seem to dislike his work, you are keeping him employed, not only by reading it, but by posting it here and drawing attention to it. It seems kind of ironic to me.

Agreed. The people who read and care about what these idiots say are the same people who boo the bad guys when WWF comes to town. It's just a ploy, retards. I once went to a rasslin' event for the people watching and I must say I wasn't disappointed. When one of the "bad guys" came out at Vets and said how much he loved being in Idaho, it was a ploy, yet about half the knucklescrapers in the crowd just had to yell out, "It's Iowa, idiot!" Those are the same people who get their panties into a wad about this clown and in turn pay his bills by reading his pointless drivel.

i live down in louisville where this losers is from hes a louisville homer and is a arrogant jerk and hes not a mid west guy. hes always down playing the big ten, and also what r u doing on this site u jus come over to spew ur hawkeye hate jus cause ur team is and always will be irrelevant. have fun in the insight.com bowl loser.

Calm down buddy. Where am I spewing hate? Please copy, then paste the posts where I have.

I am being realistc here. Forde may dislike or even hate the Big 10 for all I know. But jealous? Why would he be jealous? The word jealous being used here is not correct in my opinion. Now if the title was....

"The Dash continues his reign of Big Ten HATE."

Then I would probably agree with you and see the point the original poster was making. But jealous? Nope

Latest posts