The Cy-Hawk FB game extension nearly finalized

Good, this should be a win for at least the next 3 years guaranteed.
It should but KF can find ways of making this game 'exciting' and lose to the Clowns. ******** move by our athletic dept. But I guess it makes their job much easier to not have to go out and find other teams to replace them on the schedule.

It should but KF can find ways of making this game 'exciting' and lose to the Clowns. ******** move by our athletic dept. But I guess it makes their job much easier to not have to go out and find other teams to replace them on the schedule.

I insist that KF pn average loses one game a year that he and the hawks shouldnt. Pick your season. There are probably 3-4 losses to ISU that the hawks probably should have won.

But the main point is this series is old and stale and now we have to keep watching it. It was much more exciting to see the hawks play teams like arizona, asu, tennessee, NC State, Pitt, Syracuse, once in awhile, teams you dont know how you rank against.

I would like to play TCU and texas tech, instead of ISU or WMU

Hypothetical, what if Iowa was undefeated this year having beaten OSU also, and people were talking BCS championship game except for that win over the terrible clowns and WMU.

Extension nearly set for Iowa-ISU football | TheGazette

For both fanbases you better get ready for season upon season upon season of blah non-conference matchups. Being handcuffed to each other basically means we get to watch our brethren in both conferences play games that will draw national attention but who cares right? At least the corn-fed people of Iowa will get to watch this turd of a series continue well into the 2020's...

I'm whelmed and underjoyed that we see this game as a MUST HAVE. Are we going to finalize 8 years of games with directional Michigan too?

What really bugs me is with a 4 team play off and emphasis on sos, how does this help us? I mean every coach and players goal should be to play for it all, correct? Well if my goal was to make big bucks, i would not work at mc donalds. Ok maybe some years a sonic, but either way i am not working towards my goal.
The few recruits we get because of this game is not worth the lack of out of state interest and the knock on sos.
College ball has always been a who you know, not what you know atmosphere. It took a big step to deepen that with the play offs. Who are you associated with takes front and center now. This game hurts one team or the other each and every year now and i can not see why either team would want that for the iowa programs. This game pretty much etches in stone niether program is striving to win a nt. Just get out of each others way and go for it. I will never ever forgive either program if the day comes either is ranked 5th or 6th just because they had to beat another iowa team that maybe struggling that year.

Last edited:
If Iowa goes 13-0, its not the ISU game that will decide their playoff fate.
i think osu has shown non cons are very important. Osu plays clemson in the beginning of the year and wins, they would be number two if not number one right now as they coast to the bigs championship game.

Andy Garmon was arguing why some of these out of conference in state rivalries were good. Clemson/SC, Florida/FSU, Georgia/Tech. But here is the difference. In all of those rivalries, both teams fan bases want to win. To claim victory over their foe. That's not the case for the CyHawk game. ISU fans want to win, but Iowa fans...we don't want to win. We just don't want to lose. There is a difference. That is why this "rivalry" will not exceed the state boundaries.

No. The difference is that the other rivalries you mention are between what are usually two good teams. ISU ALWAYS sucks and IOWA has nothing to gain by PLAYING THEM.

Latest posts