The Breakdown: Ohio State Handles Hawkeyes

And this is why one cannot get too high on Hawk bball. OSU hasn't 'handled' anyone this year. Mediocre team at best.

And this is why one cannot get too high on Hawk bball. OSU hasn't 'handled' anyone this year. Mediocre team at best.
Hope you didn’t sprain an ankle jumping off the bandwagon.

Side Note - Indiana hasn’t beaten anyone in 2019...except MSU on their home court. Stuff happens.

For those giving up on the Hawks. It gets tough this time of year. VT beat Duke. Arkansas is taking Kentucky down to the wire. Indiana is giving Wisconsin a game...could go either way.

For those giving up on the Hawks. It gets tough this time of year. VT beat Duke. Arkansas is taking Kentucky down to the wire. Indiana is giving Wisconsin a game...could go either way.

It's like people have never watched basketball before. A great team can go out one night and get slaughtered by an average team. It happens all the time. The notion that good teams cant get blown out by an average team on the road is ridiculous. It happens every single week of the season.

It's like people have never watched basketball before. A great team can go out one night and get slaughtered by an average team. It happens all the time. The notion that good teams cant get blown out by an average team on the road is ridiculous. It happens every single week of the season.
I’m watching Indiana vs. Wisky.

Last night reminded me of how Iowa performed at Minnesota. It didn’t look right at either end of the floor and the opponent played with more energy.

It happens. It’s certainly not the norm for the team this season and it’s been resilient. I expect a bounce back on Saturday.

I feel like this is a lot of peoples first year of hoops - so let me welcome them to the sport. We're glad you're fans and we are glad you are here. You're gonna love it, but you have to have some bigger perspective when looking at things. Iowa is 21-7 and has been ranked in the top 25 the entire season but 3 weeks. It's a fun roller coaster ride. No team is immune to losing to anyone not only in the B1G, but in every conference. Has always been that way. Iowa just had a quad 1 road loss. Those happen. Iowa has 5 losses in the last 2 months. That's 1 more than Michigan has and 2 more then Michigan State and they play in the same conference. Iowa will play in the NCAA tournament in March which is a national tournament in which teams from every conference play against each other until there is 1 standing. Iowa likely isn't the "best team in the country" - it's a tough sport with a lot of disadvantages for the "have nots" vs the "haves" but Iowa is having a nice season comparatively speaking to what expectations are. It's fun to care about basketball again for us fans who have watched this team through up and downs over the past few decades.

I feel like this is a lot of peoples first year of hoops - so let me welcome them to the sport. We're glad you're fans and we are glad you are here. You're gonna love it, but you have to have some bigger perspective when looking at things. Iowa is 21-7 and has been ranked in the top 25 the entire season but 3 weeks. It's a fun roller coaster ride. No team is immune to losing to anyone not only in the B1G, but in every conference. Has always been that way. Iowa just had a quad 1 road loss. Those happen. Iowa has 5 losses in the last 2 months. That's 1 more than Michigan has and 2 more then Michigan State and they play in the same conference. Iowa will play in the NCAA tournament in March which is a national tournament in which teams from every conference play against each other until there is 1 standing. Iowa likely isn't the "best team in the country" - it's a tough sport with a lot of disadvantages for the "have nots" vs the "haves" but Iowa is having a nice season comparatively speaking to what expectations are. It's fun to care about basketball again for us fans who have watched this team through up and downs over the past few decades.

Ya, but can we not lose by fricken 20 points? Why not play pretty well and lose by 8? These blowouts are frustrating. And its not so bad to get blown out at MSU. But were getting hosed down at Minney and OSU, who are less than mediocre this year.

Ya, but can we not lose by fricken 20 points? Why not play pretty well and lose by 8? These blowouts are frustrating. And its not so bad to get blown out at MSU. But were getting hosed down at Minney and OSU, who are less than mediocre this year.

I agree, but let's not act like there wasn't 2 techs assessed at the end of the game. The first one came when Iowa was down 12 and still fighting, then the rails came off. It was an embarrassing loss no doubt. It SUCKED. But in looking at things in a bigger picture, not worse then any of the others. This is 1 loss, the exact same it would have been had they lost by 1.

Last night reminded me of how Iowa performed at Minnesota. It didn’t look right at either end of the floor and the opponent played with more energy.

It happens. It’s certainly not the norm for the team this season and it’s been resilient. I expect a bounce back on Saturday.
Well said.

WI has been a GD shit show all year, and they were magic elixir for IU tonight.
How WI is not a bottom half team is beyond me. What a bunch of derelict players.
WI missed a ton of FTs or they win. And they got hosed by the officials multiple times. But I think we all knew Indiana would get someone. Their games are too close night in and night out.

I get it. But think about Indiana. They are in pretty much every game and almost always lose. I would rather get spanked 3 or 4 times and win most of the close ones.