The Breakdown: Jordan Bohannon, Tyler Cook Lead Way at Indiana

Cook dominated Indiana's bigs. He was all over the floor. Kept his feet moving on defense almost every possession. He looked interested. I wonder if it's because who he was playing against ..... ?

Cook dominated Indiana's bigs. He was all over the floor. Kept his feet moving on defense almost every possession. He looked interested. I wonder if it's because who he was playing against ..... ?
If that's the case mark him down for about 30 and 15 when Bruno Fernando comes to town.

I hope Cook and Garza and Kriener knock Bruno around that lane like a pinball. Until he tilts.

Yes, the high-low post with any combination of Garza, Cook, Kriener, Baer has been really good. you could really rotate any player into the low post area when there is a mismatch which is what they should be looking for.

I have always complained about Fran's defense double teaming too early before a player needs help and then a kickout pass killing the hawks with a shot from the perimeter. But it helped us last night as IU did it.

Great spacing and ball reversal on some of those sets
I remember Wisconsin disrupting our high low game back in November because they didn't commit to doubling too soon in the high-low. In fact, they frequently didn't double at all. Mid size guys like Davison, Iverson and Pritzl were battling Cook or Garza for position and disrupting the passes.

It took guts for Gard to do that. But Happ and Reuvers were in foul trouble and he decided to roll the dice and it paid off. Probably decided the game.