The Breakdown: Hawkeyes Show Toughness in Upset of Michigan

Said this in another thread recently but I don't think you can point to one player Fran has ever coached that has ever said anything bad about him. Even players who have transferred

To me that says a lot more about the man than judging a person's life based on a couple 10 second video clips

I get that. That is not how I chose to define "good". He is a man. I"m impressed that he has been able to control himself. That is good. A good man implies much deeper meaning to me.

That was clearly his low water mark as far as his temper is concerned. Even more so than the chair slamming incident at MSU or the scorers table incident where his foot wasn't too far from Hansen's grill (Bobby had his jaw broken in the NBA)

I was at the Kohl that night. Hayes simply was stronger in the lower body than Olesaini. He was the aggressor on both ends. That's where the trouble started.

He accepted his one game suspension and I'm sure he regrets it to this day. He had a similiar meltdown at Maryland last year but that one was legitimate. They mugged Bohannon, elbowed Pemsl in the head on a screen, and stood over Cook after knocking him down. Fran had a legitimate gripe. And I can't wait for a piece of Maryland I a couple weeks!

I am impressed that he has gotten things seemingly under control and that is a good thing that not everyone can do.

I get that. That is not how I chose to define "good". He is a man. I"m impressed that he has been able to control himself. That is good. A good man implies much deeper meaning to me.

Almost every take you have on here is bad, but this one is one of the worst. He's not out of control angry during those antics. It's his way of having his player's back. Just like with Dolph. He is extreme with the way he defends his players. That's it.

Almost every take you have on here is bad, but this one is one of the worst. He's not out of control angry during those antics. It's his way of having his player's back. Just like with Dolph. He is extreme with the way he defends his players. That's it.

You are entitled to your opinion however wrong you may be.

Wow. Just. Wow.

Our basketball program is at its highest point in 20 years right now, and we have someone arguing that our coach isn't a good man after he gives free press to a charity event.

Y'all make no sense.

Last edited:
Wow. Just. Wow.

Our basketball program is at its highest point in 20 years right now, and we have someone arguing that our coach isn't a good man after he gives free press to a charity event.

Y'all make no sense.

We got up to #3 in the nation in '15-'16 before we had a collapse of epic proportions.

Yeah but you're judging an man's entire life based on a couple of outbursts you've seen on your television. Thats rather ridiculous. You don't know him at all, you've never had a single conversation with him, yet you assume to know everything about him because he yelled at a referee?

Yeah but you're judging an man's entire life based on a couple of outbursts you've seen on your television. Thats rather ridiculous. You don't know him at all, you've never had a single conversation with him, yet you assume to know everything about him because he yelled at a referee?

You can make an arguement that Fran has a flaw that he's overly competitive and gets too wrapped up in a game (that happens to be his livelihood) . But even with that, is "good" reserved for people with no flaws at all? And if so, who gets to be called "great"?

He wasnt yelling only. Good implies better than ordinary. You have a low bar. Our leaders shoild be better than ordinary. There arent many coaches that go that far these days.

He wasnt yelling only. Good implies better than ordinary. You have a low bar. Our leaders shoild be better than ordinary. There arent many coaches that go that far these days.

Name one coach you consider to be a "good person" so I can quickly google search an image for you of them raging out on an official.

Evil Mike "Hitler" Krzyzewski assaulting one of his coaches by throwing a blunt object in his direction. A couple feet higher an his coach might have been blinded for life.

If you think McCaffery is out of control, even accusing him of misdemeanor assault, I just have to assume you don't watch any other college basketball, or are so blind with your dislike of Fran, you are willfully blind to other coach's antics.

That.....is funny. Where is Opie?

I will give you Opie ... and Aunt Bee, and Barney! :)

FbypOn1.gif

I honestly think Fran has taken it down several notches from his first few years.

What hasn't changed is how unnecessarily prickly he is. IMO he's petty with the media and stuff like the Dolph situation. I don't think that's a character issue or anything, I just think it's stupid.

Aren't most coaches petty with the media? Its almost like its part of the certification process to become a coach.

I guess there are some here that dont remember other coaches in the B1G that scream a lot. Bobby Knight, Gene Keady, Jud Heathcote, and others were big, big screamers. It doesn’t mean that off the court, they weren’t good people. Well, maybe not BK lol! If I was a coach and officials weren’t calling the game fairly, I can’t honestly say I wouldn’t have a meltdown either. There are some officials that coaches just don’t like. Especially if they think they are being biased for the opposing team. We’ve all see it. Evertime I even think about Jim Bain and that Purdue game, I still wanna break my t.v.

I guess there are some here that dont remember other coaches in the B1G that scream a lot. Bobby Knight, Gene Keady, Jud Heathcote, and others were big, big screamers. It doesn’t mean that off the court, they weren’t good people. Well, maybe not BK lol! If I was a coach and officials weren’t calling the game fairly, I can’t honestly say I wouldn’t have a meltdown either. There are some officials that coaches just don’t like. Especially if they think they are being biased for the opposing team. We’ve all see it. Evertime I even think about Jim Bain and that Purdue game, I still wanna break my t.v.

Shit I have meltdowns at home every time Iowa is on the road (or at home vs MSU) because of how the game is called. Seriously I don't even know why I watch away games. Honestly it makes me closer to Fran because we have something in common.

Latest posts