The Breakdown: Hawkeyes Respond in Impressive Win Against Iowa State

RobHowe

Administrator
Iowa bounces back with big win against in-state rival (with links to postgame interviews, photos, box score):

LINK

Really, the best thing I saw tonight is that when ISU threw their punch in the 2nd half and had some momentum we gathered ourselves and punched back with a little run of our own. Seen too many times where we never throw a punch back and just let the bleeding continue. Nice to see that last night.

It was nice to see McCaffery take charge at the end of the game instead of Iowa just trying to launch three pointers. When Iowa State cut it to eight McCaffery really seemed to put them away.

It was nice to see McCaffery take charge at the end of the game instead of Iowa just trying to launch three pointers. When Iowa State cut it to eight McCaffery really seemed to put them away.

He settles things down and facilitates. It's not flashy but it is effective.

Clown fans around us with various chants of “Daddy’s boy”
After he tipped his shot in, I yelled that Daddy’s Boy can sure play. I didn’t hear anything the rest of the evening.