The Breakdown: Hawkeyes Halt Road Skid By Locking Down Northwestern

Is Iowa a better team defensively without Cook? Offensively? Sometimes others can shine, play better as a team, without a minute burning, touches burning player. There ends up being more movement, more helping out on defense, more players willing to be "the guy" without "the guy" on the court.

Iowa is a better team with Tyler Cook.

Iowa is a better team with Tyler Cook.
I certainly hope so but it is odd how team sports sometimes work out for the good when a "star" is no longer in the lineup.

He certainly has tools that few Hawkeyes have ever had. Hope he can succeed in the NBA, but needs to figure out a shot. His FT stroke seems greatly improved.

I certainly hope so but it is odd how team sports sometimes work out for the good when a "star" is no longer in the lineup.

He certainly has tools that few Hawkeyes have ever had. Hope he can succeed in the NBA, but needs to figure out a shot. His FT stroke seems greatly improved.

I think it can happen in a one-game setting, especially when you don't know until shortly before game time and don't have time to think about it.

Iowa played well without Jok a few years ago during a short stretch but was a better team with him. I think we saw that last season.

I think it can happen in a one-game setting, especially when you don't know until shortly before game time and don't have time to think about it.

Iowa played well without Jok a few years ago during a short stretch but was a better team with him. I think we saw that last season.
Concur

Is Iowa a better team defensively without Cook? Offensively? Sometimes others can shine, play better as a team, without a minute burning, touches burning player. There ends up being more movement, more helping out on defense, more players willing to be "the guy" without "the guy" on the court.
Any team can rise up for one game and rally around the loss of a great player. Dean Smith said as such his entire career, so that's good enough for me.

As for the long run, no way. We need Tyler. We aren't near as good without him.

Any team can rise up for one game and rally around the loss of a great player. Dean Smith said as such his entire career, so that's good enough for me.

As for the long run, no way. We need Tyler. We aren't near as good without him.
Agree but at times he seems to clog the offensive flow, team not as fluid. IMHO

[/QUOTE]
The Hawkeyes rank 39th nationally in three-point field goal defense (29.8 percent). That's down from 313 last year, when they allowed 37.6.[/QUOTE]

That is tremendous stat and has to be a huge reason for Iowa's turn around so far.

Latest posts