The Basketball Forum

Cover3

I'm loving the vibe over here, guys. Coming over here from the football forum is like heading to Buffalo Wild Wings from a scary biker bar.

Can't wait to see the fellas back on the court today, and the Franimal on the sidelines!

assuming people have reasonable expectations, it should be a fun year. but you know the rule about assuming...

that said, i have no expectations this year. just going to sit back and enjoy. this is the style of b-ball i enjoy, so even if we lose, it will be entertaining. can't say that about the football team.

assuming people have reasonable expectations, it should be a fun year. but you know the rule about assuming...

that said, i have no expectations this year. just going to sit back and enjoy. this is the style of b-ball i enjoy, so even if we lose, it will be entertaining. can't say that about the football team.

I wouldn't say I have no expectations for this year's team - I would hope they can at least match or improve on what they did a year ago. That said, the Big Ten is tough and I don't think the Hawks are quite "there" yet so won't be shocked if they don't make the NCAA Tournament this year. I think the team has a lot of good pieces in place, so I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Still are pretty young in certain spots, though.

So I guess I'm still not sure exactly what to expect this year. Agree that the team will be fun to watch though, regardless. Franball - gotta love it!

i think it will be nearly impossible to make the dance this year. will probably start slow and lose a couple games we shouldn't early as the team gels. won't be able to make the dance with our OOC schedule unless we go undefeated.

good future though, and exciting to watch. i've watched Gesell over the years and think he'll be special, but we'll have to wait and see on that one.

I wouldn't say I have no expectations for this year's team - I would hope they can at least match or improve on what they did a year ago. That said, the Big Ten is tough and I don't think the Hawks are quite "there" yet so won't be shocked if they don't make the NCAA Tournament this year. I think the team has a lot of good pieces in place, so I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Still are pretty young in certain spots, though.

So I guess I'm still not sure exactly what to expect this year. Agree that the team will be fun to watch though, regardless. Franball - gotta love it!

Thank you! This is all I want to see as well. I enjoyed the early Ferentz years (yes, even 1999 & 2000), but these last two years in football, the regression has been unpalatable. Fry had some down years late in his tenure, but they were more explicitly 'resets' (playing a ton of freshmen, like Sed Shaw, Tom Knight, and co. in 1993). As long as the BBall team keeps the forward momentum this year, I'll be happy. I would consider being on the bubble, whether we get in or not, a step in the right direction. Next year, I certainly would like to be dancing and finishing fifth or better in the conference.

Latest posts