The B12 will not die..bcz no one wants Texas

This story is fascinating...and in the end, the remnants of the B12 may live on because nobody wants Texas...

The ACC could have likely had them, but went a different direction. The P12 looks like its taking Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, as the Sooners seem tired of being under Texas' thumb in the B12 and want to get away from them. Nebraska wanted away from them too.

So Texas has their Longhorn Network that nobody wants to carry, and they are stuck.

Texas, Missouri, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Texas Tech and Baylor may just stay together, add a BYU, Louisville...a few more and keep their BCS bid.

Does TCU rethink their move to the Big East? I think so...do they go to the

new look B12? Makes the most sense. What about Houston in the B12?

Statesman.com : Official: Potential UT move to Pac-12 'heating up'

Interesting times.

The P12 looks like its taking Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, as the Sooners seem tired of being under Texas' thumb in the B12 and want to get away from them.
OU and Ok St to the Pac-12 makes zero sense for the Pac-12. Unless Texas and Tx Tech are going too, I don't think there is mutual interest. And, of-course for Texs to go, they'd need to give-up the unbalanced sharing of revenues idea. I just don't see it
Texas, Missouri, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Texas Tech and Baylor may just stay together, add a BYU, Louisville...a few more and keep their BCS bid.
The Big East is now dead thanks to Pitt and Syracuse. It may survive but it will not retain BCS-AQ status. It makes sense that Louisville and Cincinnati look for a new home in the Big-12.
Does TCU rethink their move to the Big East? I think so...do they go to the new look B12? Makes the most sense. What about Houston in the B12?
TCU has already said they are reconsidering. I think they'd like to join the Big-12 tomorrow if they can be sure it will not disintegrate. Houston makes sense as a fall back if you need one more to get to an even number, not a primary target.

West Virginia may go to the SEC.
I think this is almost assured now that Pitt has gone to the ACC. If WVU was getting into the ACC they would have done it the same time as Pitt. I would be surprised if WVU doesn't end up in the SEC.

Texas has plenty of options. I'm surprised you started this thread yesterday considering it looks painfully obvious UT is going to the PAC.

Latest posts