That’s four in

I know many of you are looking at the Illinois game as winnable even without TC but I wouldn't take that game lightly. Illinois has some talent and some of their record is contributed to having one of the toughest non conference schedules in NCAA basketball (top 10 toughest). They got a huge boost of confidence last night slaughtering Minnesota and have had a couple of close calls on the road.

If TC can go I think Fran should use him. Iowa's next 4 games after Illinois are gonna be tough so this game is a must win IMO.

It's a bad matchup for us because they have really good guards. I'm glad as hell we dont play them at their place. That said, they had the perfect game last night, tough to replicate that two games in a row.

I would be tempted to sit Cook for the Illinois game. He would then have about 12 days rest for the Michigan State game.....

His ankle needs to be completely healed against the Spartans, a game that I believe we have a chance to win, but I will be satisfied with a close game that makes them sweat until the end.....

Just like last season at Carver

i'm with you on that. the only downside would be TC's first game back against MSU would be pretty tough to do. but, i think it'd be the best play.

Here's the play by Waite. Funny to hear them mentioning that he can ice the game with the FT to give them a 3 point lead. :)

I remember the team being behind schedule coming back to Iowa City. The wrestlers had just won a national championship and they tried to filibuster as long as they could. Finally, it was announced, close to midnight, that the boys were coming up the hill toward the old FieldHouse. I heard that bedlam followed.

I was fourteen and a high school freshman. I would loved to had been there. I was at Carver for most of the home games in the 30-5 season and that era of players.

Latest posts