That’s four in

BigD

a row. Great game in the second half by Garza!!!!!

Go for five in a row!!!!!

What’s the status on Cook?

I would be tempted to sit Cook for the Illinois game. He would then have about 12 days rest for the Michigan State game.....

His ankle needs to be completely healed against the Spartans, a game that I believe we have a chance to win, but I will be satisfied with a close game that makes them sweat until the end.....

Just like last season at Carver

Garza and Kreiner
=
Waite and Krafcisin (sp)

Awe yes we shall not forget the “iron men” as that squad was know as. The twin towers who weren’t necessarily the best post players in college basketball but no one played with more heart.

Garza and Kreiner
=
Waite and Krafcisin (sp)

A nail biter with the game and a final four game on the line. One of the Steve’s get the ball down low and goes up and get the basket and one to seal the deal. If memory serves me right wasn’t that Krafcisin that made that play.

I still say if Ronnie hadn’t got hurt we would have been national champions that year.

A nail biter with the game and a final four game on the line. One of the Steve’s get the ball down low and goes up and get the basket and one to seal the deal. If memory serves me right wasn’t that Krafcisin that made that play.

I still say if Ronnie hadn’t got hurt we would have been national champions that year.
It was Waite and you are correct with your second statement.

We were undefeated and leading the nation in victory margin in games Lester was able to start and finish. He was as good as Isiah Thomas until the knee problems. He managed a five year NBA career and got a ring in 1985 with the Lakers as the backup to an old rival-Magic Johnson.

He was drafted by Portland then immediately traded to the hometown Bulls. It wouldn't be the last time the Bulls would get a hometown point guard with bad knees.

it was Waite. Loved Special K

A little disappointed in the defense, but I'll take a win. Should beat Illinois, but we have to have Cook back to beat MSU. Tough stretch coming up here. I still see only six sure wins coming on the schedule. That'll put Iowa even in Big Ten play, and I think that will get us in the tournament. A win against MSU, IN, or Mich would certainly help the resumé, though, and a win in a toss-up vs Wisky would give some cushion should they slip-up against Minn or Nebby.

I know many of you are looking at the Illinois game as winnable even without TC but I wouldn't take that game lightly. Illinois has some talent and some of their record is contributed to having one of the toughest non conference schedules in NCAA basketball (top 10 toughest). They got a huge boost of confidence last night slaughtering Minnesota and have had a couple of close calls on the road.

If TC can go I think Fran should use him. Iowa's next 4 games after Illinois are gonna be tough so this game is a must win IMO.

Waite made the play. Ronnie got hurt at the absolute worst time, i.e, just as Hawks were taking control of the game and Louisville's guards were panicked.