That game set basketball back 50 years.

I think I saw more shots made in a 2nd grade YMCA game.

Glad the hawks won and such... but wow lol.

sometimes that is just how the ball bounces. Nonetheless it's a win and a road win against a top 15 team. I'll take it without question.

College basketball is kinda boring. So many missed shots but oh well. Iowa winning is fun.

sometimes that is just how the ball bounces. Nonetheless it's a win and a road win against a top 15 team. I'll take it without question.

Yeah lets hope North Carolina just had an off night... because if that's what their offensive firepower entails they won't be a top 15 team for long.

Win North Carolina win...

Expect a few of those clunkers in the upcoming B1G season....so, glad we could win a clunker on the road.

I don't think they are as they are going to struggle from outside when the best defender is on Paige. They will rely on offensive rebounds & put backs to offset that. They have issues on the perimeter.

College BB is going down the drain with the mug and thug style now. Just last year they were enforcing the freedom of movement and I think scoring was up 18%. Now, this year it is just as bad or worse than it ever was. The freedom of movement is gone, and we are back to 90 feet of hand checking, grabbing ball handlers, bumping and holding cutters, body checking through the lane down low. It is just crap and it is ruining the game. Let the offensive players move. Force the defense to play D with your feet, and not by grabbing players up and down the court. Offensive numbers will go up if you just do that, they proved it last year.....but now for some reason it is just back to the same old crap.

Beating Roy is great. He's made a nice living filching Iowa blue-chippers. Now it stops.

2-0 in the Dean Dome is greater! Carver East?

The ACC/B1G powers that be paired Iowa against a team that shoots worse from the perimeter is the greatest.

I still like 80 point games; 60 point wins at top 25 venues are likable, too.

College BB is going down the drain with the mug and thug style now. Just last year they were enforcing the freedom of movement and I think scoring was up 18%. Now, this year it is just as bad or worse than it ever was. The freedom of movement is gone, and we are back to 90 feet of hand checking, grabbing ball handlers, bumping and holding cutters, body checking through the lane down low. It is just crap and it is ruining the game. Let the offensive players move. Force the defense to play D with your feet, and not by grabbing players up and down the court. Offensive numbers will go up if you just do that, they proved it last year.....but now for some reason it is just back to the same old crap.

Yep. See this link for the stats to prove it.

http://kenpom.com/blog/index.php/weblog/entry/the_slowest_season

This.
Somehow the NCAA can't figure this out while in college football defenders even can't look agitated at an offense skill-position player without getting a flag.

Thanks for the link. I just don't get why the NCAA and officials continue to let the game devolve into a game of holding, hand checking, bumping, and flat out shoving. They need to get their heads out there azz and quit letting bullies like Izzo, and Ryan force a boring version of the game upon us. This used to be a game of skill, now it is just a game of who can grab, hold, bump and check the best.......

I think Iowa should stop practicing their shooting. What they are doing now isn't working. Geez, and this just wasn't the NC game, we haven't shot the ball well all year. Unfortunately, I'm concerned what you are seeing is what we are the rest of the year.

Uthoff has shown some consistency, Sapp a little, but no one else has shown any. Can you imagine if this team a few guys that were HOT from three...we may be able to play with the big boys then.

I think Iowa should stop practicing their shooting. What they are doing now isn't working. Geez, and this just wasn't the NC game, we haven't shot the ball well all year. Unfortunately, I'm concerned what you are seeing is what we are the rest of the year.

Uthoff has shown some consistency, Sapp a little, but no one else has shown any. Can you imagine if this team a few guys that were HOT from three...we may be able to play with the big boys then.

Yep,its very maddening to get wide open looks at a 3 only to see it clank. But what else do you do? Maybe Fran will be forced to play Ellingsen if he can consistently drain them. But then you lose out on the defensive end with him. Ogles has been the most disapointing when essentially that is what he was recruited for.

Who cares is right, the only concern I have is that Iowa start shooting better.

If MG can continue to hit and Uthoff I like our chances.

This is exactly what this team needs. Last year they could win pretty but if a game got ugly they were dead. This year they realize that they are going to win more big games from defense/rebounding than they are from run and gun.

We have the makings of a pretty good defensive team. We need to firm up our defensive rebounding, but that the firm rotation players can really guard. We are exceptionally long across the frontline, with Uthoff, White, Woodbury, Olseani, and Uhl getting most of those minutes. We really speed up teams: White can defend wing players on switches/close outs and Uthoff is excellent closing out on shooter and blocking shots. Gessell and Clemmons are also committed defenders. Both compete, both move their feet.

We are going to need good defense too. Because I'm afraid we are just a little short on offensive firepower this year. We won't be able to beat good teams with defensive lapses.

Unfortunately, I'm concerned what you are seeing is what we are the rest of the year.

I just saw us play with the big boys and beat one without a few guys that were HOT from three... so. I'm concerned that your concerned that this might be what we see all year. A team good enough to play with anyone.

Latest posts