Thanks KF, I now have hfED

hawkfarmer

Thank you Kirk. Due to the boring style of football the past 3 years I now have a severe case of Hawkeye Football Enthusiasm Dysfunction.

Just 4 years ago at the age of 25 I would schedule my saturdays around Hawkeye football games. I would intensely watch, living and dying with each play. My wife would leave the house during games so she would not interrupt or get in the way of thrown objects.

The diagnosis was complete when she asked if she could watch the Nebraska game with me (and she did), and followed the game up with that was very mature of you not to break the coffee table again.

I am ashamed to say I have hfED but there is a cure. Relive the early 2000s where you were exciting to watch and less predictable. Play the riskier higher upside QB, or simply retire and let new life breathe into the program.

Please Kirk, help me with this disease. My man card depends on it.

Sincerely,

HF

The only cure is a little pill called "Buyoutis." Seek immediate help if you have an erection lasting more than four hours.

Thank you Kirk. Due to the boring style of football the past 3 years I now have a severe case of Hawkeye Football Enthusiasm Dysfunction.

Just 4 years ago at the age of 25 I would schedule my saturdays around Hawkeye football games. I would intensely watch, living and dying with each play. My wife would leave the house during games so she would not interrupt or get in the way of thrown objects.

The diagnosis was complete when she asked if she could watch the Nebraska game with me (and she did), and followed the game up with that was very mature of you not to break the coffee table again.

I am ashamed to say I have hfED but there is a cure. Relive the early 2000s where you were exciting to watch and less predictable. Play the riskier higher upside QB, or simply retire and let new life breathe into the program.

Sincerely,

HF

If Iowa were boring AND WINNING, you can't catch hfED. Studies have shown that the #1 and really only cause of hfED is losing.

If Iowa were boring AND WINNING, you can't catch hfED. Studies have shown that the #1 and really only cause of hfED is losing.

Exactly. I don't think the style of play has changed.. Just the results. Iowa had much better teams 10 years ago, or even 5 years ago, now that I mention it.

Exactly. I don't think the style of play has changed.. Just the results. Iowa had much better teams 10 years ago, or even 5 years ago, now that I mention it.
Really you don't think there is a difference in GD and KOK play calling and philosophy? Talent is a lot of it but there is more to it

Sincerely,

HF
Your story is my story. Godspeed brother............

This has been a life long recurring problem for me that first occurred in 1993, but strangely went away in 1995.

Then it resurfaced in 1999, but I started to see signs it was regressing in 2001 and by 2002 it was completely gone!

Then it resurfaced again in 2007! But that was fairly short and went away in November 2008, completely disapearing in 2009.

But then it re-surfaced in 2012 and I have been stuck with it for almost 3 years now. I thought it might be going away in 2013 but it did not stick and I still got it in 2015.

Last edited:
Kind of off topic but I can't resist: Anyone else see the student holding the sign before the OSU/Oregon football game? "Urban Meyer met his wife on 'FarmersOnly.com'

We have the disease not because of the offense (points per game this year were very good) but because of our LOUSY DEFENSE. Boy, do we miss Norm Parker!!!!! He was GREAT

Latest posts