Thank you for admitting us into the Big 10

Missouri and Notre Dame. Texas would be a good fit if they didn't throw their weight around but I don't see it happening. I would also welcome Kansas as we have a century old tradition of playing them and they have Turner Gill who is a class act.

I agree with you. Actually, if I were the commish, I would get ND, Mizzou, KU, and Pitt, and call it good. With ND and Nebraska rounding out the football powers, bring in quality, regional rivals. I don't feel like Rutgers, Maryland, Syracuse, Georgia Tech, and the others have any business in the BIG TEN. This is a MIDWEST/ MIDEAST, Heartland league. If the Big Ten doesn't take Mizzou and Kansas, I believe they will land better than the Mountain West.

Welcome Max. I can't tell you how thrilled I am to have Nebraska join the Big 10. This is just a win/win homerun move for both Nebraska and the Big 10, and from the looks of the other Big 10 boards and Nebraska's scout board that feeling is prevelant around the league.
It will be so nice to have a border rivalry game that has major significance, rather than the anticlimactic rivalries we share with the Golden Rodents and Illannoy. (Although Wisky has been a decent rival but they focus most of their hate on Minny and consider us an afterthought) The future is bright for both our programs, and that is going to make for a special rivalry. So again, welcome and hope to see you in IC or Lincoln for a game!

Missouri and Notre Dame. Texas would be a good fit if they didn't throw their weight around but I don't see it happening. I would also welcome Kansas as we have a century old tradition of playing them and they have Turner Gill who is a class act.

Welcome as well. Can't be said enough. Nebby a great add to the Big 10.

While I certainly understand Nebby wants to bring in Mizzou (I can't speak for most, but Iowa fans would have loved to play Mizzou when we had our inital contract), I think most Iowa fans would love to get a chance to play ND. That being said, with Nebby being part of the group now, who is your next choice?

Lets all assume the Big 10 isn't done (which most of believe it isn't), as a very welcome Big 10 member, I am curious as to what you see shaking out as to what you want see happening.

P.S. I work with a decent amount of Nebraska fans and have lived in Nebraska as well, and they are pumped about it as much as we all are.

Hold that invite open, Max. I'm finalizing plans at this very moment & will be at Memorial Stadium for either Texas or Kansas game - not sure which for a few more days. I'd love to hook up at your tailgate - Bud Heavy, please.
Stay in touch & I'll meet you in Lincoln!!

Welcome aboard Max. I'll have a prime rib at the Ice House in Clarinda for you the next time I swing through.

Life long Nebraska fan here despite living in southern California since the mid '70s. Dad bought season tickets when they built the south end zone in 1964 and we still own them. Like Jon I have run an independent Nebraska web site since 1998. The current version is HuskerMax.com. My last name is Max and I forgot to trademark Office, Copy and Furniture, etc. a long time ago. :D

I have a Iowa connection. Graduated high school from Shenandoah and my mother and brother still live there. I'm really excited about developing an ongoing rivalry with the Hawkeyes that has the mutual respect that we had with Oklahoma. Having lived a a "border town" - 30 miles from Nebraska City I know there is a lot of banter between Iowa and Nebraska fans. Our web site hosts a tailgate at all the home games and you all are invited. We went through several cases of beer when Iowa State beat us last year as both of my Iowa State nephews brought every friend they know. :eek:

Also have a Big 10 connection. I got my master's degree in Athletic Training at Indiana in 1975. Had the opportunity to work with Lee Corso and Bob Knight. Married a home town Bloomington girl and we celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary this year.

Sorry for the long introduction but just wanted to share my excitement about being part of the Big 10 conference. Looking forward to a new era in Nebraska football.

Go Big Red!

David Max

You're very welcome. I had to pull a lot of strings to get this done, but I think you'll be a fine addition to our organization. You can report to HR at 9 a.m. on Monday.

Lets all assume the Big 10 isn't done (which most of believe it isn't), as a very welcome Big 10 member, I am curious as to what you see shaking out as to what you want see happening.

I would like to see Notre Dame in the conference. Would love to play them on a regular basis. If they pass again I would like to see Kansas and Missouri. If we get to 14 the Domers will have to reconsider. It's not going to happen but Oklahoma would be another choice. I have been following Nebraska football since 1962 and the Oklahoma rivalry was something special. I think that can be replaced with Iowa as a mutual respect rivalry.

carneyhawk, I have season TIX as well drop me a line I will buy you a round or three, as that game for TX will be insane. Night game Im assuming and TX and NU should be both top 10 at that point or top 5, Oct 16th. Send me a message I'll get you my emial addy if you wish.... Mr Max, it's great to be in the Big 10 for us Huskers I sit at ground zero across from the pep bands so this last yr will be very hard to sit though, great post BTW.

Max

This is a conference, you are entering, that is steeped in tradition and secret rites. Before we can officially admit you or anyone else to the conference (or this message board even) -- there is one tradition you must honor.

It is outlined below in detail.

New guy buys the first round!

Welcome.

Pooker, there were a few Iowa fans at the Elks yesterday. I told them I joined an Iowa board and the manager of the Elks pulled out of printout of Jon Miller's welcome to the Big 10 story. Small world. Heading back down there now. Here's a picture I took today of my Iowa fan relatives that live in Des Moines and Lake Mills.

iowafamily.jpg

Pooker, there were a few Iowa fans at the Elks yesterday. I told them I joined an Iowa board and the manager of the Elks pulled out of printout of Jon Miller's welcome to the Big 10 story. Small world. Heading back down there now. Here's a picture I took today of my Iowa fan relatives that live in Des Moines and Lake Mills.

iowafamily.jpg

I see a future Iowa LB and some Lisa Bluder women's basketball recruits in there...let the recruiting wars begin!

In 12 years...

Hey Husker fans, I see one glaring difference between the fans bases. Iowa fan does not post pictures of himself, family, friends, etc. We post game pictures, crazy broad mug shots, separated-at-birth shots, etc. But I have never seen a picture someone posted of himself/herself, friends, family, etc.

I don't really have any opinion about it, just making an observation.

Be nice!! No trolling of the enemy's family LOL--- it's ok redtruck guy---- although--it's been awhile since we've had some crazy braod mug shots---where is that crazy lady these days!

Roger and Jamie are good friends. I had them both at our tailgate at the Rose Bowl in 2002 and Roger at our tailgate at the USC game in 2006. Here's a picture of my family with Roger at our cruise where we rented John Wayne's boat in Newport Harbor. I'm the bald guy on the right with my wife Donna, daughter Crystal and granddaughter Julie.

rogercraig2006cruise.JPG
Nice pic Max, sounds like you had fun. Welcome to the Big Ten, you better swing by the tailgate and say Hi when you're in IowaCity

Latest posts