Thank you for admitting us into the Big 10

BigRedMax

Administrator
Life long Nebraska fan here despite living in southern California since the mid '70s. Dad bought season tickets when they built the south end zone in 1964 and we still own them. Like Jon I have run an independent Nebraska web site since 1998. The current version is HuskerMax.com. My last name is Max and I forgot to trademark Office, Copy and Furniture, etc. a long time ago. :D

I have a Iowa connection. Graduated high school from Shenandoah and my mother and brother still live there. I'm really excited about developing an ongoing rivalry with the Hawkeyes that has the mutual respect that we had with Oklahoma. Having lived a a "border town" - 30 miles from Nebraska City I know there is a lot of banter between Iowa and Nebraska fans. Our web site hosts a tailgate at all the home games and you all are invited. We went through several cases of beer when Iowa State beat us last year as both of my Iowa State nephews brought every friend they know. :eek:

Also have a Big 10 connection. I got my master's degree in Athletic Training at Indiana in 1975. Had the opportunity to work with Lee Corso and Bob Knight. Married a home town Bloomington girl and we celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary this year.

Sorry for the long introduction but just wanted to share my excitement about being part of the Big 10 conference. Looking forward to a new era in Nebraska football.

Go Big Red!

David Max

Welcome Max. I believe this will be the start of a great relationship and I think your fellow Husker fanbase will thoroughly enjoy life in the BigTen.

For football... your institution embraces the type of physical football we respect in this conference.... not that finese stuff we see elsewhere.

The Big Ten schools are bitter rivals on the field of play but brothers in arms off. When bowl season comes around we root for one another to take down the SEC or other hated rival conferences.

A major strength of this conference is the mutual sharing of resources that helps all schools and the entire entity grow to new heights. We are in it for the long haul and each other.

Go Hawks and we look forward to competing against you on the field and with you as conference members.

Welcome aboard! We're looking forward to a new rivalry as much as you are. It should be a lot of fun!

Life long Nebraska fan here despite living in southern California since the mid '70s. Dad bought season tickets when they built the south end zone in 1964 and we still own them. Like Jon I have run an independent Nebraska web site since 1998. The current version is HuskerMax.com. My last name is Max and I forgot to trademark Office, Copy and Furniture, etc. a long time ago. :D

I have a Iowa connection. Graduated high school from Shenandoah and my mother and brother still live there. I'm really excited about developing an ongoing rivalry with the Hawkeyes that has the mutual respect that we had with Oklahoma. Having lived a a "border town" - 30 miles from Nebraska City I know there is a lot of banter between Iowa and Nebraska fans. Our web site hosts a tailgate at all the home games and you all are invited. We went through several cases of beer when Iowa State beat us last year as both of my Iowa State nephews brought every friend they know. :eek:

Also have a Big 10 connection. I got my master's degree in Athletic Training at Indiana in 1975. Had the opportunity to work with Lee Corso and Bob Knight. Married a home town Bloomington girl and we celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary this year.

Sorry for the long introduction but just wanted to share my excitement about being part of the Big 10 conference. Looking forward to a new era in Nebraska football.

Go Big Red!

David Max

Welcome. Great Post. I respect NU a lot. You travel like Cubs fans. There are at least 2 NU sports bars around Des Moines. I still remember the sting of losing Curtis and Roger Craig and Jamie Williams to you guys, because I grew up in eastern Iowa. I still see Missouri being a great fit for multiple reasons, including their history with Nebraska and Illinois, and proximity to Iowa. Notre Dame also has 32 football games scheduled against BCS teams in the next 4 years, and they are running out of options. I see ND and Mizzou joining Nebraska on this end of the expansion front. What do you think? I am not too interested in what the Big Ten takes from the eastern part of the US. I would like to see Pitt join, because we have another team in Penn, plus Pitt has a lot of tradition.

Welcome to the Big Ten. Nebraska is a natural addition and it will be great having you in the conference.

Max

This is a conference, you are entering, that is steeped in tradition and secret rites. Before we can officially admit you or anyone else to the conference (or this message board even) -- there is one tradition you must honor.

It is outlined below in detail.

New guy buys the first round!

Welcome.

Max

This is a conference, you are entering, that is steeped in tradition and secret rites. Before we can officially admit you or anyone else to the conference (or this message board even) -- there is one tradition you must honor.

It is outlined below in detail.

New guy buys the first round!

Welcome.

I will be at the Elks Club in Shenandoah this Tuesday at 5 PM and will buy the first round for every Hawkeye fan there. We also have plenty of beer at our tailgates so if you make it to a game in Lincoln this fall be sure to stop by.

I will be at the Elks Club in Shenandoah this Tuesday at 5 PM and will buy the first round for every Hawkeye fan there. We also have plenty of beer at our tailgates so if you make it to a game in Lincoln this fall be sure to stop by.

This sounds like a trick to get us all to show up and join the Elk's Club of Shenandoah! :mad:

Damn Husker fans!!!

JK!

Welcome. Great Post. I respect NU a lot. You travel like Cubs fans. There are at least 2 NU sports bars around Des Moines. I still remember the sting of losing Curtis and Roger Craig and Jamie Williams to you guys, because I grew up in eastern Iowa. I still see Missouri being a great fit for multiple reasons, including their history with Nebraska and Illinois, and proximity to Iowa. Notre Dame also has 32 football games scheduled against BCS teams in the next 4 years, and they are running out of options. I see ND and Mizzou joining Nebraska on this end of the expansion front. What do you think? I am not too interested in what the Big Ten takes from the eastern part of the US. I would like to see Pitt join, because we have another team in Penn, plus Pitt has a lot of tradition.

Roger and Jamie are good friends. I had them both at our tailgate at the Rose Bowl in 2002 and Roger at our tailgate at the USC game in 2006. Here's a picture of my family with Roger at our cruise where we rented John Wayne's boat in Newport Harbor. I'm the bald guy on the right with my wife Donna, daughter Crystal and granddaughter Julie.

rogercraig2006cruise.JPG

I too am a lifelong Husker fan and have been living 35 miles from Iowa City for 17 years. I have been to Kinnick stadium twice for football games in that time, once for Nebraska and once for Michigan. I look forward to my Huskers coming to town for what will now be very meaningful football games. Look forward to life in the Big Ten as it will be much better than what the Big 12 was. Iowa / Nebraska can't help but a great rivalry as well as Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State. This will be much more exciting than life in the Big 12. Can't wait for fall of 2011.

Thanks for letting us in your conference!!!!!

Last edited:
I too am a lifelong Husker fan and have been living 35 miles from Iowa City for 17 years. I have been to Kinnick stadium twice for football games in that time, once for Nebraska and once for Michigan. I look forward to my Huskers coming to town for what will now be very meaningful football games. Look forward to life in the Big Ten as it will be much better than what the Big 12 was. Iowa / Nebraska can't help but a great rivalry as well as Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State. This will be much more exciting than life in the Big 12. Can't wait for fall of 2011.

Aw shucks, TH...it was nothin' really...:eek:

Roger and Jamie are good friends. I had them both at our tailgate at the Rose Bowl in 2002 and Roger at our tailgate at the USC game in 2006. Here's a picture of my family with Roger at our cruise where we rented John Wayne's boat in Newport Harbor. I'm the bald guy on the right with my wife Donna, daughter Crystal and granddaughter Julie.

rogercraig2006cruise.JPG

Awesome pic. Davenport Central Blue Devils legend. You Husker fans are everywhere. This is going to be fun. Who else do you want to see join in the west?

Alvarez is sure gushing about his Huskers! I knew that he would come through for Big Red. And I would bet that he is pushing for ND. Hey, you gotta appreciate that Chad Geary kid for the Hawks, don't you! I am also from EIHC country. Nebraska versus Iowa will be wild!

Alvarez is sure gushing about his Huskers! I knew that he would come through for Big Red. And I would bet that he is pushing for ND. Hey, you gotta appreciate that Chad Geary kid for the Hawks, don't you! I am also from EIHC country. Nebraska versus Iowa will be wild!

EIHC country?? you mean WAMAC/CVC country now :( I sure did love the old EIHC...

Awesome pic. Davenport Central Blue Devils legend. You Husker fans are everywhere. This is going to be fun. Who else do you want to see join in the west?

Missouri and Notre Dame. Texas would be a good fit if they didn't throw their weight around but I don't see it happening. I would also welcome Kansas as we have a century old tradition of playing them and they have Turner Gill who is a class act.

Missouri and Notre Dame. Texas would be a good fit if they didn't throw their weight around but I don't see it happening. I would also welcome Kansas as we have a century old tradition of playing them and they have Turner Gill who is a class act.

I would much rather keep Texas OUT. honestly they are the most greedy, arrogant fans and school I have ever seen...I think they would assume they could run the Big Ten...and they couldn't.

You're not alone in your feelings. I think there is little chance of them making it in but I would like to opportunity to play them a few more times on the field. Would be nice to beat them in the Rose Bowl once they go to the Pac 10. I will be in the stands when they come to Lincoln this year. In spite of the politics I have made friends with a lot of Texas fans since the league started.

Went to Clinton HS and remember watching those guys (Craig's and Williams) play. Great players. I remember Curtis Craig running at the Gateway Classic. He was a speedster. Anyway,,,,, trippin down memory lane. Out..

Latest posts