Texas Tech

Northside Hawk

Did that game feel like a classic Wisconsin game to you?

Going smaller, active post player, good outside shooting, clutch shooting, gritty possessions, active defense, poise under pressure, forcing the opponent to settle, score in the sixties

It sure felt like one to me. Only this time we were the ones doing the Wisconsining!

Perhaps if we play like this all season, an NIT bid is a certain. I am sure not going to go out on a limb and think we are getting into the dance yet.

Did that game feel like a classic Wisconsin game to you?

Going smaller, active post player, good outside shooting, clutch shooting, gritty possessions, active defense, poise under pressure, forcing the opponent to settle, score in the sixties

It sure felt like one to me. Only this time we were the ones doing the Wisconsining!
Not to me, the boredom factor wasn't present: 7-8 pump fakes for players on the perimeter, lack of grabbing players by the jersey, no classic Badger flops with patented facial expressions.

Bottom line...too exciting for Badger Ball.

Iowa played some defense!

Perhaps if we play like this all season, an NIT bid is a certain. I am sure not going to go out on a limb and think we are getting into the dance yet.
If Iowa plays as a team, is determined to play defense, continues to develop toughness, Iowa could make a run in the NCAA...there are always teams, each year, that surprise...why not Iowa?

Although talented, Moss and Cook weren't team enhancers...IMHO They tried to make/force shots, as other team members were often onlookers. Now those minutes can be spread deeper into those who have bought into the advantages of team play.

Toussaint can bring "Bulldog Defense" and quickness, Frederick can force the opponents to guard him, opening up other players. Garza can work to own the paint. Both of the new additions are team enhancers.

If Iowa plays as a team, is determined to play defense, continues to develop toughness, Iowa could make a run in the NCAA...there are always teams, each year, that surprise...why not Iowa?

Although talented, Moss and Cook weren't team enhancers...IMHO They tried to make/force shots, as other team members were often onlookers. Now those minutes can be spread deeper into those who have bought into the advantages of team play.

Toussaint can bring "Bulldog Defense" and quickness, Frederick can force the opponents to guard him, opening up other players. Garza can work to own the paint. Both of the new additions are team enhancers.
Frederick has already made more big time baskets than Moss did during his entire time at Iowa.

TT lost more than maybe any team in CBB last year. They’ll drop some early but I’m a huge Beard fan and I think he’ll have them playing better by the end of the year. Don’t know who is going to consistently score for them though.

TT lost more than maybe any team in CBB last year. They’ll drop some early but I’m a huge Beard fan and I think he’ll have them playing better by the end of the year. Don’t know who is going to consistently score for them though.
we beat TT in hoops just like we beat ISU in football, so we just don't care about you anymore

Beard is going to get them going. That Ramsey kid didn’t play tonight and they still got it done. Should be a quality win for Iowa at the end of the year.

Louisville beats Michigan, Michigan beats Iowa, Iowa beats Texas Tech, Texas Tech beats Louisville.
The only team in this group that hasn’t been ranked is Iowa. Should we be somewhere in Top 25?

Latest posts