Texas SHOULD drop...

Realistically... no other team in the Top 25 has a loss to an unranked team... and they lost to an unranked 2 loss team at home by a bunch. But it is TE$$$AS... will be interesting to see what happens, although I sadly think I know the answer.

texas also struggled against Rice, had a slow start against Wyoming (they scored two TD's in the last 3 minutes of the half to steal any wyoming momentum), and played good "enough" to win against TTU that has had struggles in their own right. This is not just a one saturday blip on the radar for them, it has show for some time now. Last week versus the Wildcats, i think that game was a complete abnormality for KF coached teams which has since been corrected. I might go crazy if they are still ahead of us.

texas also struggled against Rice, had a slow start against Wyoming (they scored two TD's in the last 3 minutes of the half to steal any wyoming momentum), and played good "enough" to win against TTU that has had struggles in their own right. This is not just a one saturday blip on the radar for them, it has show for some time now. Last week versus the Wildcats, i think that game was a complete abnormality for KF coached teams which has since been corrected. I might go crazy if they are still ahead of us.

I agree, I just read an article not to long ago on ESPN about how the voters are supposed to rank the polls on the games teams have played and there is no way Texas has played better than we have.

I don't have any objections to it but don't have any expectations that it will happen either.
Next week they will drop out of the top 25.

My prediction is that you'll see something like this:

16 = Texas
17 = Arkansas
18 = Iowa

Texas should drop more, but we all know they won't.

one reason why they will NOT drop from the rankings is because they have been in the top 25 161 consecutive weeks. And out of pity, and partly pimping next weeks game against Oklahoma, to feature a top 25 match up, they will not. Calling it right now.

one reason why they will NOT drop from the rankings is because they have been in the top 25 161 consecutive weeks. And out of pity, and partly pimping next weeks game against Oklahoma, to feature a top 25 match up, they will not. Calling it right now.

this is the main reason why they will not fall out of the top 25, there is no other legitimate reason.

C'mon man. They aren't going to fall from #7 to not ranked. Especially losing to a BCS school. That's just dreamin'. If it was FCS, maybe.

....OUT OF THE RANKINGS

any objections?

none here, they've played like butt so far and got whooped bad at home today. who can HONESTLY look at their body of work so far this year and say "yes, this is one of the top 25 teams in the country", and do so without sarcasm. if you can, you should be shot.

Last edited:

Latest posts