Texas Offers Eno

Rob, does KF consider decomits to be bridges burned? I mean, just for discussion's sake, if a kid who's decomitted decides he wants to come back is the door still open? (please no Juan Harris comments):rolleyes:

It was with Riley Reiff....that's the last one I remembered that decommitted and then came back.

I also can't remember if Ott decommitted at one point as well and then came back

Rob, does KF consider decomits to be bridges burned? I mean, just for discussion's sake, if a kid who's decomitted decides he wants to come back is the door still open? (please no Juan Harris comments):rolleyes:

I think it's a case by case basis. It would depend on how the de-commitment went down. When Corrales flew the coop, he was unfollowed by the Iowa coaches on Twitter and has not heard from them again as of last week. And with what Holmes and Benjamin put out as their reasons for de-committing, I think those bridges were immediately burned.

I know people frown on the Juan Harris situation, but the staff showed there that they were open to taking a kid back after he left. It just depends on the circumstances.

I think it's a case by case basis. It would depend on how the de-commitment went down. When Corrales flew the coop, he was unfollowed by the Iowa coaches on Twitter and has not heard from them again as of last week. And with what Holmes and Benjamin put out as their reasons for de-committing, I think those bridges were immediately burned.

I know people frown on the Juan Harris situation, but the staff showed there that they were open to taking a kid back after he left. It just depends on the circumstances.

I think any player that left in the Eno wake was gonna have a burned bridge. It is unfortunate, as I think Holmes is the best of the 3 personally. Yet I think the staff felt that those two left and Eno had a hand in it, and they just weren't going to keep pursuing them in that situation.

Eno not telling Iowa about his visits was a blessing in disquise. Does anyone think Iowa wouldn't have gotten Higdoned again?

At least this way they've had months to find another player

Thanks Rob that is interesting. Corrales had a legitimate chance to come in and play right away at a winning B1G program. Same with Holmes. Probably a bit of blame on both sides in the Eno fiasco. Hopefully Mansell stays on board. He has a skill set that could potentially be good in the Iowa offense (although who can predict a player 2-3 years down the road).

Thanks Rob that is interesting. Corrales had a legitimate chance to come in and play right away at a winning B1G program. Same with Holmes. Probably a bit of blame on both sides in the Eno fiasco. Hopefully Mansell stays on board. He has a skill set that could potentially be good in the Iowa offense (although who can predict a player 2-3 years down the road).

Mansell seems pretty solid, and I know that Rivals bumped him up their rankings based on his Sr year.

Some smoke out there that Lovett is trending toward Iowa, this would be a good get.

Mansell seems pretty solid, and I know that Rivals bumped him up their rankings based on his Sr year.

Some smoke out there that Lovett is trending toward Iowa, this would be a good get.

Yes the more talented RB's you have on board, the better. Bound to get 1-2 who are capable backs if you have 4-5 to start with. Ivory-Martin looks to have some skills as well.

Good for him. Does that mean we can stop keeping tabs on this kid?
Good point. It doesn't mean Iowa shouldn't continue to review their recruiting policies as to what works and doesn't work these days, but for this kid, Let It Go, Let It Go, Let It Go. . .

I don't think it'd be the end of the world if Iowa didn't get another RB this class. Ivory-Martin seems like a solid multi purpose back. They got two solid ones last class I don't think we're hurting there. So to rush and throw out a scholly just to get a body isn't necessary(like the Alabama kid a couple yrs ago) Hopefully they can get in on a stud kid for 18 and keep marching

I don't think it'd be the end of the world if Iowa didn't get another RB this class. Ivory-Martin seems like a solid multi purpose back. They got two solid ones last class I don't think we're hurting there. So to rush and throw out a scholly just to get a body isn't necessary(like the Alabama kid a couple yrs ago) Hopefully they can get in on a stud kid for 18 and keep marching
I agree it is not a first priority like getting one more WR is, but with the way Iowa relies on the running game and the higher possibility of dealing with injuries at the RB position I still think it's important to create depth with each class.

I wish Eno would have come but if he goes to Texas I'd like to see him put a dagger in the heart of the cyfans.

Latest posts