Texas @ ISU - am I crazy?

The Clones biggest problem is stopping the run. Tulsa was far from an efficient running team. Texas isn't what you would expect them to be, but Gray will be able to run on the Cyclones enough to open up the pass. It will probably be closer than one would expect, but I have a feeling Texas will still end up pulling it out by 10 or more.
Texas looked committed to running the ball against K-State, (who also may just be a bad team). If they do that against the Clones they will have success. Who knows if they have the defense figured out?

The Texas football and basketball programs are receiving less bang for their bucks than any other university in the land. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Clowns cover (or win).

Texas looked committed to running the ball against K-State, (who also may just be a bad team). If they do that against the Clones they will have success. Who knows if they have the defense figured out?

Put it this way... if Texas can't run the ball against Iowa State then Mack Brown absolutely deserves to be fired. When a team gets as much talent as Texas does there is absolutely no excuse for not being able to run on a team that gave up damn near 200 yards rushing to a Northern Iowa RB.

ISU played last Thursday? So a week?

7 days is like almost two weeks, right? I mean pretty close.

actually Tulsa doesn't count, so you've had 3 weeks to prepare. Actually the first two games don't count either. ISU has been preparing for this game for 10 months. /end sarcasm

Mack Brown will retire no matter happens to him. He is not going to coach anywhere else.

then we can go on the Longhorns board and start a Ferentz to Texas rumor. It'll be so much fun, and to really get them going we'll say he's bring GD along with him.

I don't think Tulsa is awful by any stretch.

Are you serious? Cody Green turned the ball over 3 times in that game without being touched by a Clone defender. He fumbled the ball on 2 read options and had the ball fly out of his hand as he was winding up to throw a pass. That game was gift wrapped for ISU.

Am I crazy, or might this be a pretty close run thing on Thursday? If I had to lay money on it, I would have to go with Texas to win but I think giving the Clones/Clowns 9 points is crazy. I would take that all day - I think the Clones cover that easily.

I might even watch the durn thing to get my football fix before the weekend!

BK Stacker style bumpity bump bump!

1 pt qualifies as a close run thing in my book - smartest man alive! #LearnTheGame

ISU is a lock to cover Thursday games. And at home they're especially good against the spread, or so I hear from my friends who do throw some money at theses games from time to time.

One other thing - I'm holding out to see what TT does to KU this weekend, but my gut feel is take TT over the Clones no matter what the line is next week.

As confident as I was that ISU would hang with Texas last night, I'm *almost* as confident that TT will put it on the Clones next week.

I would want to wait to see what the line is coming out of this weekend (and to see how TT plays KU), but this one has all the makings of a blood bath in Lubbock.

Latest posts