Texas favored by 6

99topdawg

How ya bettin' that? I wouldn't touch it this early in the year, especially given the fact that Texas has shot over 40% from 3 so far, but wasn't supposed to be a good 3-point shooting team (they shot 32% last year).

This is just a very good early season match up for Iowa. I think most people have concerns about our defensive abilities in both stopping penetration and defending athletic bigs down in paint. Texas brings both of those elements to the table tonight. It will be good to get a gage on where Iowa is with both of those elements of their defensive scheme.

I still look at White and Uthoff as not being physical enough with athletic bigs...it will be interesting to see how they do. The other aspect is Olesani...has his anticipation improved so he's not late to the party against good down low players. If he's in good position, that's a huge plus for Iowa. Woodbury will be himself...physical and in good position most of the time...he's just limited athletically to some degree, which he understands and plays the right way.

All in all, this is a very good test early.

I could go either way on this. I can definitely see us winning, but Texas is a very good team and it would not be considered a bad loss if we lose this one... especially if we play well and make a game out of it. That being said, I'd take the six points. I actually think we're going to win this one. Why? Just because! :)

I think tonight is the true coming out party for Fran and his Iowa basketball team. I have been cautiously optimistic thus far, but I feel like the Hawks are going to be ready for tonight and put a big W on the resume early.

Impossible to say this early in the season. Texas has basically their whole team back from last year, but they're B12 - so they suck.

Impossible to say this early in the season. Texas has basically their whole team back from last year, but they're B12 - so they suck.

Agreed, hard to take a conference that hasn't had a single elite eight team for the last two years seriously. We saw how overrated Kansas and Oklahoma already were.

We need to knock down our 3’s cuz they have some outstanding rim protectors. I just don’t have a great feeling about tonight. They match up with us really well.

To early in season to jump on or even touch any of that 6 point spread. I'm optimistic about Iowa's chances tonight. That is very, very good team Iowa is facing tonight and can't wait to see how Iowa looks against them. Texas returns almost everyone from last season they have size-speed-experience and depth.. I'm really looking forward to this early test!! GO HAWKS!

I wouldn't touch this game right now either. Hawks looks to have a lot of weapons and are playing as a team. How will they react when faced with some adversity which they haven't had yet this season? Very good barometer game and I hope the Hawks keep it competitive even if they do lose. A win tonight would tell me this team just might be better this year than last.

I want to believe in an Iowa team again so if they could win that'd be fun. Actually, I'd be cool with splitting in NYC. Also, I kind of want Texas to cover if we lose. I can't v handle more close losses to good teams, unless we get a couple of wins first.

Would be nice to see this game come down to the end........... and the hawks finally break through and win a close game at the end. It has been soooooo long since we been able to close out a tight game against a good team. GO HAWKS!

Should be an interesting game....Texas has 5 guys in their rotation that exceed 240lbs...ranging from 6'8'' to 6'11''.....more than any Big Ten team, I suspect.

If Iowa does pull this win out, and then win again on Friday, they have earned a top 20 ranking.