Texans Fire O-line Coach

hawkihayes

Is this bye bye for BF??

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=houston-texans&id=9694&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B"ref"%3A"https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F"%7D

Last edited:
So he’s good enough to be Bill O’Brien’s #1 choice in the NFL but not good enough for Iowa. Did I get that right? Remember he just churned out the Outland trophy winner and another draft pick in Donnal. He’s not the one calling run plays with 8 in the box.

So he’s good enough to be Bill O’Brien’s #1 choice in the NFL but not good enough for Iowa. Did I get that right? Remember he just churned out the Outland trophy winner and another draft pick in Donnal. He’s not the one calling run plays with 8 in the box.

I don't necessarily believe that wasn't anything more than a fabrication by KF and his agent to better position Brian at Iowa.

Maybe he knows is X's and O's but can he get the Jimmies and Joes? Recruiting is as important as teaching/coaching. Both necessary. Neither sufficient by its self at iowa.

BF has to move on if he is offered by the Texans. I do not think he has any choice now to avoid being caught up in the downward spiral and impending entire staff blow out.

Not sure what to think about BF. If he was not related to KF would we think differently about him? According to reports he is well liked by the players so that gives me some pause about pushing him out. I also have suspected he has not seen eye to eye with dad and I do not like to see us lose young coaches which I think is desperately needed on this staff. How well does he recruit is a question?

Maybe he knows is X's and O's but can he get the Jimmies and Joes? Recruiting is as important as teaching/coaching. Both necessary. Neither sufficient by its self at iowa.

James Daniels was a pretty massive recruiting victory over Bama and tOSU.

I'm sorry but I don't think BF's rep should be ruined because his dad can't coach anymore. We need him. He has great energy and just produced two NFL tackles.

James Daniels was a pretty massive recruiting victory over Bama and tOSU.

It is not a question if he can coach. He did it at NE, and can do it for Iowa. And he can identify and get talent. The thing is, he is his father's son. And thus, needs to be stepped over for at least one coach after Kirk goes. Let him sow his wild oats, then come back after his first HC job.

Yeah, we sure won that huge recruiting victory because we had the guy's brother on the team. Our OL sucked this year, even with 2 NFL tackles.

Yeah, we sure won that huge recruiting victory because we had the guy's brother on the team. Our OL sucked this year, even with 2 NFL tackles.

So it doesn’t count that Brian got Daniels to commit in spite of him visiting all of the bluebloods? Maybe Brian should’ve been in charge of Hilliard’s recruitment if its so easy?

So it doesn’t count that Brian got Daniels to commit in spite of him visiting all of the bluebloods? Maybe Brian should’ve been in charge of Hilliard’s recruitment if its so easy?
It was our race to lose. How come we can't even sniff a 4 star unless he has a relative in the program?

It was our race to lose. How come we can't even sniff a 4 star unless he has a relative in the program?

Iowa has had a load of 4 star recruits in for visits, I'm fairly certain most of them being official. That constitutes sniffing, right?

Was Hilliard our race to lose, too?

Iowa has had a load of 4 star recruits in for visits, I'm fairly certain most of them being official. That constitutes sniffing, right?Was Hilliard our race to lose, too?
Yep, and we lost it. So getting kids to visit is now some kind of significant accomplishment? No wonder our program is as crappy as it is right now.

Latest posts