Terry Roberts in Portal

I can't say definitely that Roberts wouldn't start next season. He was starting this season until injury after Harris got hurt. Moss is gone. Harris is back. DeJean could be the starting CB opposite Harris. Or DeJean could be the starting CASH with Harris and Roberts at CB. Castro was decent in his time at CASH but he struggled against Nebraska.

I think Spliff is on to something with what he remembers, from what I've been told. I don't think NIL was the motivating force towards him hitting the portal. In fact, I think it's pretty far down his list.

Dude was unreal on special teams. Was fun to watch. Cooper stepped up and amazingly downed punts just as well.

I cannot imagine this kid would be in line for any real NIL deals above what Iowa is offering. He was a good player, but not someone that a contender would open the wallet over.

Two things:

Gents, even before the portal, kids transferred. Sometimes a kid just isn't happy with his situation and wants a different platform. We have lost good kids every year before NIL and the portal.

Also, maybe he asked whether Iowa would bring in competition from the portal and was told yes. There has been a good deal of buzz about Iowa having some lines in the water for 1-2 DB given the depth in the room. Perhaps he felt like he was being recruited over and wants to settle somewhere where he has a better chance to start?

I can't say definitely that Roberts wouldn't start next season. He was starting this season until injury after Harris got hurt. Moss is gone. Harris is back. DeJean could be the starting CB opposite Harris. Or DeJean could be the starting CASH with Harris and Roberts at CB. Castro was decent in his time at CASH but he struggled against Nebraska.

I think Spliff is on to something with what he remembers, from what I've been told. I don't think NIL was the motivating force towards him hitting the portal. In fact, I think it's pretty far down his list.
I forget where he's from does he want to go closer to home then? It's just an interesting thing to see guys go from all in to all out..

I am going with my theory. He will have serious competition for a starting position at Iowa given what we have coming back and aggressive pursuit of DB talent in the portal, and he decided a step down in competition will keep him on the field full time.

Not sure the relevance any more of offering so many freshman scholarships. With already 1000 players in the portal with january projections estimating the number to be close to 3800, thats alot of players who are potentially way more mature stronger and developed than a 17 or 18yo kid. This is the new norm.

Reported offers for Roberts so far:

UMass
UNI
Penn State
Delaware
Minnesota
Georgia Southern
James Madison
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Michigan State
Arkansas

The Terry Roberts entry into the portal was the first one that made me say "Damn" out loud. I love that guy, and I think most Hawk fans do, too. Was so hoping he would have a huge year at CB, and it started out great. Injuries suck.

I hope he can have a great year at PSU (would be cool to come back home and have success), or he picks WVU. It would be painful to see him succeed at Minnesota or Wisky, but wherever he goes, best of luck.