Terrible bowl season

ibahawkeye

I haven't watched every bowl game but at least starting with last night's playoff games and then today, there really hasn't even been 1 competitive game.

Not fun to watch or good for the game of college football.

I haven't watched every bowl game but at least starting with last night's playoff games and then today, there really hasn't even been 1 competitive game.

Not fun to watch or good for the game of college football.

Agreed. Just discussing this with a coworker. There may have been some good competitive games, but I sure didn't see any.

I agree -> and if you looked at the number of fans in the stands for most of these games it was NOT a good look. I don't even enjoy watching games on tv where there is no crowd noise. Hopefully this is the start of the downsizing of the number of bowl games (doubtful, but i can only hope).

Instead, just let every college FB team have "winter practices" even if they are not going to bowl games. This will get those teams a bit more practice time for next year when they don't make a bowl (which I've heard coaches say the practice time is invaluable).

Even though i know it would never happen, i think it would be cool to have "bowl" games be played in one of the team's home stadiums (you'd have to work out some sort of financial deals to make this work obviously). That way we get a good atmosphere and most likely better games (a win-win for the all mighty TV networks)